Predator, meet Cat S60, the world's first phone with thermal imaging camera
3. shaineql (Posts: 358; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
CAT phones are usualy oriented towards construction workers n stuff, i guess they can find thermal imaging usefull.
4. Inotamira (Posts: 173; Member since: 06 Feb 2016)
I work on PCB's quite often, by hand, and being able to monitor the temp in real time would help a lot in terms of avoiding getting it to hot.
2. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1051; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
This phone is so cool and looks pretty good too. If I wanted an android device, I would really consider buying this.
6. Wiencon (Posts: 1908; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
Now what we need is a camera that sees through clothes
7. oozz009 (Posts: 520; Member since: 22 Jun 2015)
Seriously! Sure it's cool and all but what would the general public do with a thermal camera? Except to show it to your friends and tease them that they don't have it, people would have no use of such a feauture. Making this phone useless in the end.
8. marorun (Posts: 3758; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Great battery life , super rugged, water proof to 5 meter.
sure completely useless.
10. geordie8t1 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Nov 2015)
but @oozz009, this phone is NOT marketed for mass production for the general public, it is basically geared towards builders, construction workers and other relevent building trades etc. they WILL have such a use for this somewhere. CAT phones are not for the likes of you or I, unless you work in a trade that is.
12. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 3193; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
At my work place, we use an Infrared Camera to inspect transmission lines for hot spots (from a ground vehicle or sometimes from a helicopter) when doing preventative maintenance on the system. Having an Infrared Camera that can double as a work call-in phone would be more portable, time saving, and potentially cost saving in the long run...
11. Suo.Eno (Posts: 500; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Liking it. Very much. If they can cram in a 3800mAh battery with this imagine a phablet version of it. Dammit CAT people are you reading this!? **shakes fist!**