Oppo Find 5 might become the first smartphone with a 1080p screen
With a pixel density of the whopping 441ppi, this blows all competition out of the water and below you can see an approximation of what the level of detail looks like, even in comparison with screens like the “Retina” one on the iPhone 4S. At 441ppi, the pixel density is a lot more detailed than the 326ppi iPhone display.
Now, paper-like smoothness and crispness is already close at that level. At around 500ppi to 600ppi you really start to almost not notice any difference between screen and paper. Ideally, it’s said that 1200ppi is the ideal resolution for perfect photographic papers, but that would mean a ton more pixels to process - something our hardware is not yet capable of handling.
The Oppo Find 5 is also said to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro chip with a quad-core Krait processor. The latest of Android, 4.1 Jelly Bean is also said to be on board. Now, if only Oppo could bring the Find 5 to more markets and sooner, right?
source: Android Authority
Oppo Find 5
2. jove39 (Posts: 1320; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Wow...chinese are for sure upto something...this phone looks awesome (iPhone inspired)...think there'll be lot of options 4core phones to buy...by end of this year...bring it oppo :)
3. redmd (Posts: 901; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Nice. Now if only it could pass through that great wall and land overseas.
5. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
cool. i wonder if this is e same screen that LG showcased the other time?
6. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
HD display is OK..........wat da hell will i do with 1080p display on a phone
22. SleepingOz (unregistered)
720p over 300ppi is enough, I think.. but real Innovation is always welcome!
26. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1389; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Watch HD movies of course haha. Just kidding. I'm siding with you. After a point, it's a little pointless. We have nice HDTV or nice monitor for a reason, so we can watch movies, play games on those 40+ inches 1080p TVs. However, I don't mind to look at a beautiful phone screen like that though :P
37. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
1080p is gud for tabs but no diff on phones
7. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
i want 300ppi on a 80" TV.
Oppo, deliver it to me
32. skaar18 (Posts: 31; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Yeah a 300 ppi 80" tv would be perfect for watch all those movies that are record in a 24000p format?
I do not see why you would need a 24000p television...
10. gu3sswhoo (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Oppo creates high end Blu-Ray players, so if this has the same build quality & tech as that......This will be a beast of a phone.
12. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think this will start selling in 4 months at best.
HTC could beat it to the market, but nevertheless..hats off to Chinese
13. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
who can find the diffrence between 720p and 1080p ugh..
23. joaolx (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I agree. There is a point where you won't notice much difference unless you want to have the phone right in your face. Besides, processing those pixels will only waste battery. I like innovation but somethings are dispensable.
27. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1389; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Totally agree!! I think any screen is less than 5" doesn't really need 1080p. 720p is enough. Let's solve the battery crisis people!!
14. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
This! Blows away the competition, Oppo-gangnam style.
15. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
Lol I enjoyed it a little, points for trying.
16. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
What is disappointing is that from a spec position it probably will be the first but in the long run a memory as the company who made it has not enough prescence to champion on specs alone.
17. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I totally agree. With these specs, I would be very much willing to trade my Galaxy s3 plus all my legendary Pokemon trading cards for this one.
18. Aeires (unregistered)
Wireless charging? Doesn't look like there's a charging port on any of the surfaces in image 3.
20. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
this article written by Victor H. for sure *checks* oh yes it!
almost all anti apple gets moderated -.- biggest give away~ if they comments are meant encourage discussion, why do anti apple comments get moderated? hmm
29. downphoenix (Posts: 2378; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Im liking this Oppo company, please come stateside!
30. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Oppo launch this beast worldwide before the launch of Note 2, Optimus G and Full HD phablet from HTC, and you can sure have the marketshare more than that of RIM by the end of this year............. :)
35. tiara6918 (Posts: 1497; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Oppo made the world thinnest smartphone and now they'll be the first to introduce a smartphone with a 1080 screen. Time for oppo to make a global launch. These handsets would definitely sell well, it will truly be a waste if they sell them only in china or taiwan...