Only in Japan: Samsung Galaxy S III runs at 1.6GHz and comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
And what’s interesting here is the fact that the Galaxy S III in Japan with its 1.6GHz clock speed runs faster than the international version of the handset or the U.S. models, clocked at 1.4GHz. The device is launching in a gorgeous grey and black colors. So bottomline is that the S III will be slightly faster in Japan, and not only that, but it is launching with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board.
The Galaxy Note II on its part also runs at 1.6GHz, but that’s the same frequency as all other versions, so no differences here.
You can take a look at the grey Galaxy S III running at 1.6GHz on the picture below.
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:46 5 1
2. TROLL posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:47 2 1
Those lucky Japanese always get exclusive things then us. Mines Rooted and running at 1.8Ghz. Is there any S3 owners that have Rooted there's?
3. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:49 1 2
Mini Note. Any bump in RAM? That would make it a true Mini Note (without the stylus).
7. doejon posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:18 0 2
perhaps there will be also a galaxy note 2 with 2ghz xD :D or its not possible?
15. Berzerk000 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 10:21 0 2
Exynos 4 has a max frequency of 1.6 GHz I think
4. hung2900 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:53 0 2
I think it's the same as Note 2 with 2GB RAM and higher GPU clockrate.
13. TROLL posted on 11 Oct 2012, 09:23 1 1
You can also over-clock the GPU in settings on SetCpu.
16. kartik4u98 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 10:21 1 1
Are you mad??
You can't over GPU in SetCPU..!!
iT'S ONLY FOR gpu
5. Mittal posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:55 4 1
with the rise of Korean giants, are the very respected and acclaimed Japanese electronics firms lagging behind? far behind ?
On the mobile front, very few names most predominant of which SONY comes to mind
8. PapaSmurf posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:19 0 2
Why does the UI look completely different from the one from the Note II and GS3 in Korea?
9. josephnero posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:07 2 1
its docomo UI.just a home launcher.its on XDA if you like it
17. josephnero posted on 11 Oct 2012, 17:06 0 0
22. kartik4u98 posted on 12 Oct 2012, 10:02 0 0
Thanks a lot!!
Btw I searched it on XDA but wasn't able to find it..
Will try tonight..
10. mercorp posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:53 1 1
I think it is an conspiracy to distract the japanese otakus and cede dokdo to s.korea.
18. Nadr1212 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 18:32 0 0
What's next that Japan's only gonna f**king get?!?!THIS IS HELL WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!
20. ibap posted on 11 Oct 2012, 21:14 0 0
Is there a term for the phone manufacturers releasing phones under the same name but with wildly different specs? The only term I can think of is NUTS!