Only in Japan: Samsung Galaxy S III runs at 1.6GHz and comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
And what’s interesting here is the fact that the Galaxy S III in Japan with its 1.6GHz clock speed runs faster than the international version of the handset or the U.S. models, clocked at 1.4GHz. The device is launching in a gorgeous grey and black colors. So bottomline is that the S III will be slightly faster in Japan, and not only that, but it is launching with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board.
The Galaxy Note II on its part also runs at 1.6GHz, but that’s the same frequency as all other versions, so no differences here.
You can take a look at the grey Galaxy S III running at 1.6GHz on the picture below.
1. MeoCao (unregistered)
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Those lucky Japanese always get exclusive things then us. Mines Rooted and running at 1.8Ghz. Is there any S3 owners that have Rooted there's?
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Mini Note. Any bump in RAM? That would make it a true Mini Note (without the stylus).
7. doejon (Posts: 357; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
perhaps there will be also a galaxy note 2 with 2ghz xD :D or its not possible?
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Exynos 4 has a max frequency of 1.6 GHz I think
4. hung2900 (Posts: 804; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I think it's the same as Note 2 with 2GB RAM and higher GPU clockrate.
11. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
It's the CPU which is overclocked not Gpu!
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You can also over-clock the GPU in settings on SetCpu.
16. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Are you mad??
You can't over GPU in SetCPU..!!
iT'S ONLY FOR gpu
5. Mittal (Posts: 429; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
with the rise of Korean giants, are the very respected and acclaimed Japanese electronics firms lagging behind? far behind ?
On the mobile front, very few names most predominant of which SONY comes to mind
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why does the UI look completely different from the one from the Note II and GS3 in Korea?
9. josephnero (Posts: 317; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
its docomo UI.just a home launcher.its on XDA if you like it
12. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
PLEASE CAN you tell me the link to that..?
17. josephnero (Posts: 317; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
22. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Thanks a lot!!
Btw I searched it on XDA but wasn't able to find it..
Will try tonight..
10. mercorp (Posts: 972; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I think it is an conspiracy to distract the japanese otakus and cede dokdo to s.korea.
18. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
What's next that Japan's only gonna f**king get?!?!THIS IS HELL WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!
20. ibap (Posts: 701; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Is there a term for the phone manufacturers releasing phones under the same name but with wildly different specs? The only term I can think of is NUTS!