Nokia's 2014 flagships claimed to be Lumia 1820 and Lumia 1525, great specs in tow
1. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
very good specs but waiting for wp update and I will decide
14. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
I,m waiting for Wp8.1, till then great specs, just like the Note3, but with a S805. This would be Nokias finest 5.2inch screen.
Wp8 is missing alot of feautres, that even the Lumia920,928,925, and 1020 all combined could not sell near a million, due to the Wp platform. Majority of users do not like Wp, aswell as me, if there was a notification then i don't mind giving it a go.
Nokia needs to get rid of Wp and try another platform, then there would be greatsales of Nokias highend phones..
19. alterecho (Posts: 1085; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Exactly. But the lack of notifications is just the tip of the iceberg.
29. dratomic (Posts: 463; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
still waiting for rodney troll to reply...
31. papss (unregistered)
Rodneys a troll but you are not? Right...
55. corporateJP (Posts: 1570; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Rodney's too busy right now to reply, he's cleaning Elop's pool.
57. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Here I am. That's RodnEflop... Get it right❕
52. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
alterecho@If you hate WP8 so much, then why do you spend all of your free time posting comments in response to the articles related to this platform? Maybe you're a shut-in with nothing better to do with your time than post the same old arguments. It's getting old...
25. hemedans (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
that is not true. lumia 920 alone hold 8.4% of 50 million wp device (according to adduplex data). this show 920 alone sold more than 4.2 million devices.
51. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Extradite: "Majority of users do not like Wp, aswell as me".
You are not a majority; WP8 OS is rapidly gaining market share, and is currently the fastest growing mobile platform on the planet.
61. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
they said the same thing 1 year ago but still waiting damn uptade. I think its not that fast
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Phones are great but only one thing need update OS first. Then we can talk.
Go Nokia. This two phones looks like legendary. And will be great innovation if you put solar charging, but I'm sure Nokia always do innovation.
36. sharz7474 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Yes, they need to update the OS as quickly as possible, i still remember that you replied to my comment a few months ago and asked me to wait for 1820 instead of 1520....i am waiting...:)
48. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yeah buddy. The time has arrive with 1820. This will be great warrior from Nokia. And u still remember my comment.lol thanks
65. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
yea but the similarity in specs is worrisome. it suggests that they will be carrier locked. I'm holding out on getting the icon pending an announcement on the 24th. if its not going to be released for a long time or if its carrier locked on at&t again ill just get a icon.
72. CyberAngel (Posts: 47; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I can buy any standard Windows phone in Finland without a carrier lock and that's the way we typically do here. Some buy with one, two or three year contract, but you may still put another SIM in.
We don't think the "price" of a top model is 199 or 299, but the full off-contract price. In the US people pay much more using the expensive contracts while any goods in the huge market place with low taxes is very affordable.
63. Liveitup (Posts: 1331; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I love Windows Phone more than Android or iOS.
3. tech2 (Posts: 2187; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Seems a bit too unreliable ! Seems like someone copied GS5's rumoured specs and pasted it against Lumia.
'The design is said to be similar to the Lumia 928 which is certainly slimmer than the current flagships Lumia 1020' - How is this possible with 3400 mah battery ?! Currently 928/1020 has 2000 mah and with increase of 1400mah there will be a seriously increase in thickness and weight, which is already quite high compared to other flagships !
Just sounds too good to be true, IMO
23. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Never tought about making a device bigger? The phones you mentioned all have 4,5 inch screens. A 5,2 inch device will obviously be bigger..
I think all flagship phones this year will have 3gb ram and a QSD805, Not only the GS5. Many of them will also have 2k displays.
4. sipha (Posts: 293; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Mmmh, how does microsoft make money on window phone??
7. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
First time smart phone buyers who used Microsoft Office and Windows Desktop OS recognise the name microsoft and assume the phones will be good. They PAY for it........and regret later
9. papss (unregistered)
You mean you regret it? Not everyone has ADD and need to tweek every possible thing. I happen to love wp8 far more than MySpace.
13. AstronautJones (Posts: 271; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
you know what im sayin?
24. MojoDojo (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
You must have been one of the smart kids in your class.. Knowing so much about all these people.. Be proud.
66. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
they make money off of app sales and sell the OEM the OS for basically free like all of the mobile OS except apple who makes a tun from overpriced hardware along with the app sales.
5. uchihakurtz (Posts: 253; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I thought spec didn't matter on Windows Phone. They should focus on software, especially the OS as Nokia are making great apps already for their phones. And 3gigs of ram is an overkill for WP, well, at least currently.
8. twens (Posts: 669; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The next OS I can't wait for to mature. When it does I am so on board.
15. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Everyone is waiting for Wp to mature, but i believe it will take sevral years for that to happen.... Then when it does, i will to.
21. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 885; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
WP is starting to get traction, and these are killer specs. No one has a complete ecosystem developed around a total operating platform like Microsoft period. You guys nickel and diming about what it can't do but look at what it can do.
It can run the most powerful desktop from your phone. Things that are relevant on the desktop can be carried over to the phone. It's always buttery smooth. Now it comes with high end specs for all the people that said look it has old last years technology as with the 1st WP's.
A Tsunami is coming with the new Windows Phones and when the notifications come there still will be excuses with some of you. If I recall Apple just copied the notification drop down to the iPhone only recently!
73. CyberAngel (Posts: 47; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Next summer WP 8.1 = equal in function
Next year WP 9 > Android/iOS
It will drive over the iOS unless Apple gets wise with OSX&iOS
11. Teja171 (unregistered)
Where is android like interface in it ?
32. papss (unregistered)
Why ruin it with android?
39. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Why is it "failing with WP".....?
40. papss (unregistered)
It isn't failing with wp8
43. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Then why stuck at 4% for, not progressing... Look at all previous WM WP7 and know WP8?
67. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
its the fastest growing mobile platform in the world... I hardly consider it stuck at 10%
68. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
sorry, projected 11.2% at current growth rate for q4 2014 ;)
of course if the growth doesn't taper off as it likely will start to it would reach an amazing 62.7% market share by Q4 2015
in reality I expect a 8-9% market share
74. CyberAngel (Posts: 47; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I expect OVER 25% with WP 9
iOS under 25%
76. c1c2c3c4c (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
yea well wp9 will be early 2015 that could be right. apple will definitely be the one to fall, outside of a extreme change to there phones, which is unlikely. there current trend is to set up false fronts or imply outdated ideas still hold true for people who don't fact check aka "retina" branded displays which are the worst in there class for pixel density and color accuracy. they were good like 4 years ago but times have changed and they haven't.
of course to reach 25% MS will need to push 8. they had a good setup for enterprises and lost focus a bit. if they can get in the door though they offer the best in class security and a great suit to control the marketplace and setup for corporate phones, (the original blackberry's style of market garnering). 10-15% should be the threshold to were others see it as a more viable ecosystem then start flooding over.
33. papss (unregistered)
Why ruin it with android?
62. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
for tens of millions sells. do you understand ?
12. aranauser (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The next lineup will be lumia xx30 not lumia xx20
18. Difrab (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Too bad that the 1820 has the same design as the 928, is very square for my taste and not at all elegant. At least he'd like Lumia 925 or 1520.
I'll have to keep waiting to update my HTC HD7, maybe a new HTC or Samsung phone.
22. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Wauww if the 5.2" version has solar charging i would buy it in a heartbeat, and the ONLY thing Nokia needs is a good marketing team, like Apple and Samsung, otherwise they can't expect it to be a succes ;-)
28. papss (unregistered)
I just found in the Nokia collection of apps was app folder.. When did they add that? Greatly wanted
30. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
You should check WPCentral more often lol :p but i find it useless, it's still an app, i want it to be built in to the OS, otherwise useless ...
34. papss (unregistered)
I know.. I have the wpcentral app pinned to my start screen but don't go there as often as I should. I come here so this site isn't onesided android love all the time.
75. CyberAngel (Posts: 47; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I installed the Samsung version (using proxy+script)
and I use them both and I love them both
App or not I find it very useful
The new version allows 6 tile symbols on a medium tile
so it saves space - and the live tile flips through them all
(them= tiles "inside" a folder)
35. shyguy3763 (Posts: 48; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
I've been waiting for the successor to the 1020,the 1525 will definitely be my next phone! :)