Nokia Lumia 928 appears officially: PureView, OIS and Carl Zeiss for Verizon
The phone has a squarish form and the usual button setup for a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone. Here is what the advert for the Lumia 928 reads:
“EVEN IN LOW LIGHT. Nokia exclusive PureView technology, Optical Image Stabilization and high-end Carl Zeiss lens. Capture and share amazing blur-free photos and videos, under any light conditions.”
This handset is good news for Verizon users, but it does not look like the 808 PureView sequel we are all waiting for.
source: Nokia via Engadget
1. clevername (Posts: 1427; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Wow, so if this is now, then what's on the 14th?
13. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Lumia 925 (Catwalk) international version?
23. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Fiiine, both the Catwalk and EOS. Jeez Nokia can't you hold it in? You can't go showing off multiple highly anticipated devices all at once.
31. juandante (Posts: 230; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
This is a old Nokia habit with Symbian OS phones so this news doesn't surprise me.
Like everyone I will watch for the so called "EOS", even if I will never buy it because of the pathetic Windows Phone 8.
32. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
''pathetic Windows Phone 8.''
take the word ''pathetic'' as it describes you well,
54. akki20892 (Posts: 3224; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
may be 2 or 3 devices launch......!!! can't wait to see those device.
2. Sarajevo (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
We do not see the back of the phone. And, probably, there is the bigest surprise :)
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I don't see anything squarish in the picture above. If you're talking about the image in the magazine, it's because of the fold...sheesh.
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 761; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
So it's basically a Lumia920 for Verizon? Bleh...
I hope something much bigger arrives on the 14th, Lumia 920 is old now!!
44. Adithya7184 (Posts: 299; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
everyone knows about it....except Nokia and wp fan-boys....
50. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
come on give actual valid reasons idiot
10. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
May 14_Nokia 928 Android Version
Haho just a wish
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Same design Smh... Lazy Nokia...
14. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 879; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
1st if all how is that the same design all you can see is the screen
2nd of all says the Iphone fan
22. pyradark (Posts: 736; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol. Your hurting yourself, same old plastic design S4
24. wendygarett (unregistered)
Same old lumia brick
28. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Same old design and cheapy plastic on the S4! :P
26. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's because when her favorite company does it it's because they need not mess with perfection. When everyone else does it, it's lazy/boring.
The 928 is just a Verizon 920. Why wouldn't it look similar?
12. aries.phills (Posts: 132; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nice one Nokia. Just put your flagship phones on diet. Their weight kinda turns me off.
49. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2156; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Get some normal muscles, and they won't feel heavy any more......
15. pwnarena (Posts: 813; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i would really like to buy a nokia but i still prefer the android operating system. i hope they produce android versions of their flagships.
25. Devon (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Just wish Nokia phones would have smaller bezel.
34. -box- (Posts: 3699; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
As long as it didn't sacrifice durability I would agree, but looking at teardown photos there doesn't look like much to strip away. Larger screens would help.
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm gonna wait for the EOS and the Catwalk!
33. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
This kinda reminds me of VZW getting tier own version of the Evo(Thunderbolt) a whole year after Sprint. Is this the exact same phone as the L920 or what? Why not get a whole new flagship device?
35. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's probably not worth it for Nokia to make a whole new phone CDMA. AT&T got the exclusive on the 920, and when Verizon got a chance to sell it too (6 months later), they demanded an exclusive design. Most likely the true successor to the 920 will be back to AT&T (and international carriers).
36. dashax10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 May 2013)
good luck nokia from android fan. great phones.
37. haseebzahid (Posts: 1797; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and by the looks of photo its gonna be waterproof too ?
40. haseebzahid (Posts: 1797; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
L920 and L928 should have released same time or not far apart more then 2 months
42. dre786 (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
go nokia championing the true innovation in the smart phone industry
43. N-fanboy (Posts: 528; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Whats the difference b.n the Lumia 920 and the 928? Name?
51. joens16 (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 May 2013)
lol its funny reading how us nerds argue about phones