Nokia Lumia 800 vs iPod nano: spot the differences
1. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
And Apple steals shamelessly again. Now actually want Samsung to ban the most amazing iPhone yet. Samsung and Nokia come together to beat this crap.
12. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 245; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
If you look closer the design of Nokia Lumia 800(2011) looks like iPod Nano(2010)
13. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
so you mean a sqaure = rectangle?..
28. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 245; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
You now what I mean...the acute corners and the design, not the shape!!! But you have to troll all around, because you are limited.......
35. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
really?.. then look at the N9 and see for yourself...
apple is the one copying nokia's great designs...
47. Commentator (Posts: 2706; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The N9 was also released after the 2010 Nano. Also, if you passed the second grade you would know that a "square = rectangle."
49. remixfa (Posts: 14253; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yes but in the world of patents.. a rectangle is not a square and a square is not a rectangle.
50. Commentator (Posts: 2706; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Oh I know, I was just in the mood for semantics.
At any rate, there's virtually no chance that Apple would sue Nokia over the Lumia's design, seeing as they already used it as evidence against Samsung that phones don't have to have rounded corners and edge-to-edge glass.
53. shadez10 (Posts: 408; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
dont make me laugh... nokia already has the design for the N9 before the crappy nano get released...
29. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"Thankfully, a legal battle between Apple and Nokia seems unlikely at this time, despite the visual similarities between these devices"...isn't similarities what Apple lives to sue??? lol!! Nokia, you go before they hit you first!! :D
38. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Noka already won a lawsuit against Apple. Apple pays royalties to Nokia.
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Obviously ... a Square is a rectangle with all sides equasl just like TOUCH is a ZERO Length SWIPE :D
14. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
but the first ipod nano was a whole other kind of device..
the newone is just like a smartphone without calling lol
otherwise apple can sue all the rounded tvs and even the rounded remotecontrol lol no one would expect this kind of design.. or im wrong?
18. JC557 (Posts: 1226; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The new Nano reminds me of the old Samsung P2/P3 or YP-R0 players which is why I like it, though not the small-ish storage size.
Also, there were many asian manufacturers that had similar designed mp3 players before the old iPod Nanos. I remember seeing plenty of them as I wanted to move away from CD players back in 2004/ 5.
21. Dr.Phil (Posts: 969; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Actually the Lumia 800 is really an updated design from the Meego-running N9 which took its design from the Nokia E7. The E7 was announced in September of 2010, which it's design was arguably already in place months before that.
30. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 163; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
no it doubles its old product
56. finnions101 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
remember when the nano had that rounded/edged design 4 years before the lumia ever existed? oh yeah... me too... (iPod mini had the same design) sorry they put a touch display on it. the rounded edge thing is apples.
57. finnions101 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
oh hey, remember when the ipod nano had that body design in 2006?... no 2003 with the ipod mini/ ipod nano 2g? yeah... me too. sorry they put a touch display on it. its apples design and has been for a long time.
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I wonder which company would win if they decide to sue each other in court, both the iPod nano(2010,2012) and lumia 800 have strong resemblance with each other
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
Does that means... Apple is a copycat?!!
NO!!! MY CHILDHOOD RUINED!!!! :(
6. darkskoliro (Posts: 1039; Member since: 07 May 2012)
why do you have such an obsession with Elly Tran Ha?
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Who wouldn't be attracted with vietnamese beauty?-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJq0H7ZYgTI
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 1039; Member since: 07 May 2012)
but as a profile picture? o_O just a bit weird....
Pictures of jelly beans are also nice :D
37. JoeBelfiore (banned) (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
and.. why do you have such an obession with Taiwanese beauty?
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
this aritcle is epic! LOL dont worry apple will get what they deserve........hint... hint. LTE
27. mikesantai (unregistered)
who need Apple anyway?
34. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lumia designed from N9 back in 2010 who says nokia copied N9 was first in market writter get ur facts full and correct
19. Planet64 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
WTF is this?
f**k him, Nokia
Apple, u r a thief!
20. abhijeit (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
NOKIA has better things to do than suing people!!! its apple who has no innovation in their products now and hence the only innvoation is LITIGATION!!!!
22. Planet64 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
i agree with u!
25. trevelly15 (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Why cant apple just stop putting law suits on every one. I couldnt really see the point in suing samsung cause they are the most reliable company for android users.
26. mikesantai (unregistered)
Get lost APPLE!
your only innovation is "iSue them" strategy :p
31. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
far those who think why apple dont go on nokia its bacause very existance of iphones is on baises of nokia patents from top to bottom they might just compromize here for example app store was first made by nokia smart phones was introduced by nokia touch screen phones by them their are more on nokia then design
32. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Sorry, but the Apple product is WAY TOO CLOSE to the N9/Lumia design. It's also a smart converged mobile device for a competing ecosystem, so I suspect Nokia will have issue with this. Apple can argue design similarities with the nano, but for one thing, the nano is not a converged device and it's a square device. The real test, could you fool someone from a reasonable distance that the iPod 2012 is an N9/Lumia. The answer is yes.
Apple should stick to its own smartphone design language for the iPhone and iPod. I suspect its trying to pull a Trojan Horse here with the iPod so that it can morph to the Lumia design for the iPhone 6. Else, it's using its iPod strategy to water down Nokia's Lumia design lnaguage. In any event, it's a move that will likely be challenged in court.
This does signal that Apple has its sights set on the Lumia.
36. medalaster01 (Posts: 41; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Well designers do that when ever they get inspired by a great product.
39. Bfrenz (Posts: 106; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Apple cant sue Nokia,they've already done and they are paying milloins yearly to Nokia. Pity Apple Inc.
40. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 189; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
are you sick phonearena how much topic you have covered on single day. you should open different section specially for iPhone. with iPhonearena tagline. like how gsmarena opened up a blog for all tech new.
42. fistigons (Posts: 264; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Hey Vinayakn73 why don't you post the same post on every Apple thread. Oh whait you did. Douchebag.
43. salirally36 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
no way,,,bcozzz the lumia 800 inspired from the model n9......
44. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1285; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Mr Elop and Nokia probably wont make a big stink over this but seriously Apple it does look too much like a Nokia design you could have at least given it those famous
apple curved Iphone or Ipad corners you do not want People to copy!
45. remixfa (Posts: 14253; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
well. apple has a patent for round corners and a centered square screen... Nokia needs to patent square corners and a center rounded screen.
What a frikkin rip off. It even uses the same colors.
46. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1285; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
yoo Apple please put those famous patented rounded Iphone or Ipad corners on this thing to give it that uniform apple look and pay the Nokia design team to design an
additional Iphone, your Iphone 5 is a good smart phone but the case design is too old
48. ericsorensen (Posts: 51; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Nokia must not have patented their phone design, but I bet Apple did! Another lawsuit on the way...
51. Jyakotu (Posts: 824; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Did the N9 come out before the 2010 iPod nano? If so, then Apple could have been inspired by that design. But one cannot deny how AWFULLY SIMILAR the new iPod nano and the Nokia Lumia looks.
52. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Clearly Apple has copied the design from nokia,but nokia definetly not going to sue apple beause of nokia's tough financial conditions
55. The_Innovation (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
There's only one that hurts from all this. The industry.
It's slowing down because of all this lawsuit crap. All these companies work together, one way or another. They should just concentrate on making products for us, the consumers, instead of having a d*** swinging contest.