New iPad runs hotter than Android tablets
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Transformer Prime is the best !!!!
22. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
AHA WHERE IS
WE HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!!!
4. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I don't see the big deal. My phone has an average 120 degrees. Its been ok for 7+ months. I lost count on how many times I've been close to 200 degrees. Let me tell you one thing Motorola can make a phone that can take an overclock.
5. avataranjie (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
wait till it explodes in your pocket likes some phones. Please get that phone/battery checked for your own safety.
26. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Man so many negetive votes. The phone runs fine after several months of thermonuclear heat. I got an otter box which will contain and explosion.
11. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
WTF? 120º on average? How is that possible and really 200º? How can you even hold that thing and how is it still working, if it's 200º on the exterior the interior is much hotter and that would mean that your phone internals would be melting sooner rather than later. What phone is that by the way so I know which device to stay clear of should it go nuclear.
13. _PHug_ (Posts: 386; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Read his post.
He said that he is over clocking it.
No cause for alarm, you are safe.
21. SleepingOz (unregistered)
do you know what overclocking actually is?
28. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I couldnt get it hotter. I could of hit 160 if i wanted.
Call me an idiot i dont care. ive been doing this for more than half a year and still truckin. I think around 240 degree is when ill start to get scared.
14. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
120 degrees???!!! That the f**k kinda phone u got...
17. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
120 degrees? If that phone doesnt stop working or partially melt somw day its gonna explode and take a chunk out of your leg by your pocket
6. cttan456 (Posts: 60; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
We know that heat is the No 1 enemy of any electronic device and its negative effects will always materilalise after long-term usage. Hight heat leads to high degradation of everything(not just the battery) resulting to shorter life span.
23. c.hack (Posts: 519; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
That's why you should keep your phone in the freezer. Heat below 80 deg C and certainly around 100 deg F has no affect on electronic, at least not in your lifetime.
Next time, show a little common sense.
7. cttan456 (Posts: 60; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
eDiesel, maybe you live in cold country and find the extra heating a boon but like what avataranjie said, do be careful.
I live in a tropical country and the heat here in the day is like scorching. It is terribly uncomfortable to use the new ipad in such hot weather as the last thing we want is extra heating.
24. c.hack (Posts: 519; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
OMG that extra 2 degrees. OMG OMG its gonna kill you.
I'm sure nobody uses a cell phone or a laptop in your country since they all run faster than the iPad.
Or did the heat in your country fry your brain?
30. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1644; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
While that may not kill you it can't be good for the overall life of the device, you can't deny that. No need to act like a child.
8. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Apple's official word on overheating of ipad is out, "the weather in your country is not right".
9. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Make omelets whats are you guys waiting for? An iRecipe book?
10. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 245; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Apple's thermal specifications are more than likely capped at when the iPad shuts itself off to prevent over heating. It still counts as being within their thermal range, and didn't the first iPad have this issue as well?
I'm not surprised though, Apple products tend to run hotter than the competition.
12. biophone (Posts: 1896; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Tablets running hot is a big deal too me i bought a mac and the thing is running way too hot. I don't mind the temp but it freezes so much and battery is so poor and it bugs me that i spent 2 grand on a computer that I can't video chat with freezing even with a cooling pad. I had to go quad core lol. In summary although the new ipad looks great i would go with the ipad 2 instead. Or myb the prime.
25. c.hack (Posts: 519; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
If you are used to something freezing constantly, definitley go for the Prime.
15. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
too be honest all of the Tablets tested were really hot i mean look at the samsung galaxy tab, after gameplay it didn't escape the high temperatures. the new ipad and its new high res display+Quad core graphics is bound to equal an over heating tablet. beacause the new display has so many more pixels than the ipad 2 the GPU has to work harder for normal tasks.
16. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
You can be guaranteed a large number of ifans have now tried frying an egg on their ipads because of the photo for this article,and most Will be puzzled as to why their ipads has now stopped working! Time then to go and buy a brand new ipad but hopefully not more eggs
18. remixfa (Posts: 14079; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
obviously there is some discrepancy in the numbers between units, as consumer reports got theirs up to 116 degrees without trying.
19. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A mathematical equation exists to find the truth in apples statements,its called the Apple two's,
If Apple makes a high figure or boasting statement about a product divided the statement by 2 to get the accurate result.
If Apple states a low figure figure for faults or problems multiple by 2 to get the accurate result.
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6684; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Lets try BAKING PANCAKES NEXT TIME!
33. Stuntman (Posts: 754; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Wired says that the iPad isn't the hottest. PCWorld says that the iPad is the hottest. Who is right?
34. Beholder88 (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1, and after an hour of Angry Birds or the like it doesn't seem like it gets as hot as it says. I think it depends on the game that's running.