New TouchWiz vs old TouchWiz: what changed with Samsung's software?
Galaxy S5 TouchWiz, what changed? Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Galaxy S5 TouchWiz, what changed?
1. Astoni (Posts: 429; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
people said it look more adult and modern?. it looked alot more toyish and kidlike now on the icons
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Samsung's UI looks better the same way HTC improved Sense with 5.0...
8. Astoni (Posts: 429; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
This is my own opinion, but i have no problem with the new layout it looks alot better. But it would been alot nicer if they could have removed the darker tones of the UI. i never liked that in my older s3 :p. Hope you'll enjoy the phone smurfy.
17. NoFanboy (Posts: 205; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
No way. Sense 5 was a complete overhaul. This touchwiz is just a new face. Sense 6 will probably blow this kiddy bullsh out the water.
58. baldilocks (Posts: 494; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Sense is less Intuitive. Why do I need to three steps to get to my Gallery or my Music AFTER I tap on the Gallery or Music icon??
Sense may be lighter, but it's doesn't make 'sense'..
18. maherk (Posts: 786; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
No matter what Samsung does, trolls will find a way to bash. What matters the most is the real customers, and I am glad Samsung is listening to us. The UI looks much more mature now. Wait till you see the XDA forums flooded by requests to port the camera, watchon, smart share, s note and many other exclusive Galaxy apps to their "premium" One, and the Xperias. I can't say much about LG forums though, since their phones come with a carbon copy of Touchwiz.
72. joey_sfb (Posts: 2555; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Tried a few launchers such as ADWLauncher EX. They are good just that I miss Samsung Galaxy exclusive features so I went back to Touch Wiz every time.
21. jove39 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Sense 5 was new...not improvement over 4.x. It made me fell in love with my One X again...It has smooth transitions and looks good...while touchwiz is known for stutters and looks from gingerbread era.
63. Shatter (Posts: 1967; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Touchwiz on the Note 3 never lags. Stop spreading lies, only the carrier s4s lagged and it was fixed with updates a long time ago.
81. darkskoliro (Posts: 935; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Thats complete BS. Note 3 lags more often than you think.
86. Anthony6612 (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
My Note3 always has problems with touchwiz home. Always crashing multiple times a day.
7. breathlesstao (Posts: 71; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
Agree, idk why kiddy icons and seeing fewer things than before is more "adult" than icons with actual depth to them and seeing everything at once... while icons in the drawer still appear in "custom grid" view by default, I bet, instead of a more logical alphabetical order.
That said, a Note 3 4.4 comparison would be interesting to see too, as that seems to be somewhere between what TouchWiz was on 4.3 and what it is on the Galaxy S5....
26. tedkord (Posts: 4275; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If you want your app drawer alphabetical, set it to alphabetical.
83. galanoth07 (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
They put kiddy icons so that it will attract kids
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2257; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I was hoping for a complete re-design. Yes this looks more modern, but is still behind the competition.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sense 5 and Touchwix UX look the best so far.
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2257; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Except Touchwiz is the ugliest of all. Even the Chinese makers have better looking UI
25. maherk (Posts: 786; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
More than 5 million download the S4 main wallpaper, and more than 1 million downloaded the S4 theme. And am talking about one of the many offered in the play store. I guess people wants that"ugly" touchwiz afterall, even those who doesn't own a Galaxy phone.
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Like who? ZTE? Huawei? Haha what a joke.
6. dswan3199 (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
Kind of looks like they tried to copy apple with "flat" and "minimal" looking icons...
10. Astoni (Posts: 429; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
More like HTC since sense 5.0 was before Ios7. Flat icons is the "Modern" look.
27. tedkord (Posts: 4275; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You heard it here first, folks - Apple invented flat icons.
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Bookmarking this page as ammo for future posts.
9. JEverettnow (Posts: 162; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I am so sick of Touch Whiz. I just got kitkat on my note 3 and there is no noticeable difference on it. My battery seems to drain faster now, but everything else looks and feels the same. There are also a few more worthless features that no one will ever use.
11. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I say Samsung is trying to hard to be apple the s4 was ok but the s5 man this was too far
12. Cesar (Posts: 125; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
i personally thing that the new touchwiz is looks better, a few things
15. NoFanboy (Posts: 205; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Looks like ios 7. When is this coming to the note 3?
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5540; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's definitely an improvement but i'd still like to see a little more trimming around the edges.
20. koko1 (Posts: 92; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
samsung made the best software so far, but the design made me sad
i like the s- health with the heart sensor, the new ui and the camera and the saving power
but i think i have no choice, z2 is 1z but with better proccesor, the htc m8 i dunno
i think im buying the s5 but as fast as im going to change the back cover
22. Solun (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
The old S Health in the last picture is not updated to its latest version, now it looks better. Altough newest one is in the S5 of course. I hope they will update the S4 with new S Health.
23. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Moving away from the pebble-like design of the s3 and s4, moving closer to a squarish design. Adds a gold option, the UI gets a flat rounded look. The home button now sports a fingerprint scanner...wonder where they got all these ideas
29. tedkord (Posts: 4275; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Squarish design - Nokia
Gold Option - Samsung (Google first good smartphone)
Flat icons - HTC and Nokia
30. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
it all points to one phone sumba**, funny how you left out the fingerprint scanner
40. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Do you you really have to try so hard to look so stupid, I said home button, keyword home button. Besides it really wasn't close to what touch id implemented it used 2001 tech (swipe), much like the galaxy s5
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Do you really have to try so hard to look so stupid? I replied to comment #30, not comment #23. (You're missing a question mark in the first sentence, so you should be the last person to call others unintelligent.)
Besides, Samsung revamped their UI like HTC did with Sense 5 yet there's nothing positive coming out of you besides troll comments.
51. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
So you're not only a fanboy, surprise surprise you're a grammar nazi too. Here's a tip, look up an article on Google, just type 'The Period Is Pissed', it's an artcle by Ben Crair that explains how we grow to miss out some of these puntuation marks. So I couldn't care less about a missing 'question mark'. Hey, btw you're not so smart. It's probably why you linger around most of the time on sites like these, you have this false sense of entitlement cuz let's face it, there are people here that make you feel that way. So, that said, even if you replied to post #23 my point still stands the scanner is on the home button not the back. Stop trying to pull it into your side of the argument
54. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Even after researching an article, you still can't make use of a period correctly!
"So I couldn't care less about a missing 'question mark". (Period is place before the second quotation mark, in case you didn't know.)
So, with that being said, even if I replied to your comment, guess what phone had a fingerprint scanner before the iPhone? Trust me, you act like you know what you're talking about, but in reality you don't.
Want to keep going? I'll guarantee you I'll win as always.
60. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
If you're going to act smart next time by being a grammar nazi make sure you make zero mistakes! "(Period is
place before the second quotation
mark, in case you didn't know.)" *placed.
You welcome. :)
74. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That makes us even now.*
Nope. I'll always one up you so quit while you're ahead.
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oh, you too. Please read post #40.*
Are you just here to troll or to contribute to discussion?
46. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1117; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
His previous display picture was actually of a troll face.
53. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Just leave that f**king kid alone he has nothing to do with this. Just because he featured on a 5C doesn't mean he had anything to do with being a troll or some crazy sh*t you're trying to pull, are you willing to paint yourself in the wrong picture cuz the first thing that comes to mind is that boy was African American
55. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7359; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You mad? Oh and by the way, I reported you for bad language. Have a great day! :)
59. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1117; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
No, not because of a phone, and you're on a mad one, today. Reported for use of foul words. Farewell, keyboard warrior.
67. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
You can start cherry picking all the flaws, I usually leave that to autocorrect. You'd pair well.
45. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1117; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Done. It is you, making yourself look stupid.