Navigate the Apple iPhone with your head using iOS 7
With this feature enabled, you can use left or right head movements to act like you're pressing on the home button, to open the notification center or app switcher, start Siri, raise or lower volume or to count as a tap on the glass.
Surely, Apple added this to iOS to combat some of the alternative gesture based navigation available on the Samsung Galaxy S4. The latter can turn pages with a gesture to the left or right and Air View allows the user to hover his finger over the glass to read emails and view pictures. The problem is that these are not seen as being innovations, but are considered gimmicks since most people are not going to turn their head to the left or right to navigate on the Apple iPhone, at least not in public
source: 9to5Mac via Gizmodo
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple has innovated shaking your head "NO"
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Shouldn't the headline read something like "Navigate the Apple iPhone with iOS7 using your head"?
It's pretty darned confusing wondering if the phone or the head is supposed to come with the iOS7...i know it's always the phone but you know.
2. alltechinside (Posts: 234; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Is Apple copying Samsung gimmicks now? LOL
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Do the harlem shake!! Oops just wiped your iphone, lol
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Make sure not to do that with your iPhone.
4. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 807; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
How is having to keep your head perfectly still when using an iphone a good idea? Thank god for the ability to turn these options off..
6. horsecock (unregistered)
Wow! Apple are such a$$ clowns!
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6631; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oh come on Apple... Are we seriously running out of ideas?
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smurf apple definitely borrowed this from Sammy, but as these gesture based features become the standard, they'll need to be adopted. Do you agree?
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
people are going to look like retards with these head gestures. well, go ahead apple, it's all yours.
12. lyndon420 (Posts: 1641; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
How do you kill an ios7 user? Spiked shoulder pads...Bahahahaha.