More Samsung Galaxy S III rumors: colors, casing, processor and the Olympics?
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
1080p seems likely, awesome!
I want no more than 4.5in screen tho, 4.7 is too big.
I hope Samsung can really outshine Apple with the new Exynos.
oh, and FIRST by the way...
5. Commentator (Posts: 3184; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm pretty sure 1080p is a typo, as it doesn't seem likely at all. That would mean 489 PPI, which is over a hundred more than the current leader, the Xperia S. This would be an absolutely pointless use of resources, as the human eye can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p at that size.
12. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I agree, 1080 would be a really dumb move.
Well, maybe if it's a bendable screen that you can pull out from the phone to get something like 7" and a widescreen full hd :)
18. cheetah2k (Posts: 1251; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
First to call you a w4nker.. 1080p, you're dreaming
21. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Firstly, Apple has already been outshined by Sammy!
For me personally though, the announcement of GS3 will be bigger than the Olympics itself! ;)
2. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
i dont think that THE S3 is gonna feature a 1080p screen, it would be a 720p true RGB matrix screen i.e. the HD SUPER AMOLED plus screen. nothing else than that
4. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Just be wishful, this will outshine those iPhone lovers on the screen.
10. Commentator (Posts: 3184; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's a given at either 720p or 1080p. It'll be amazing.
31. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
HD Super AMOLED
HD = 720p
FullHD = 1080p
6. Commentator (Posts: 3184; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The good thing is it might give me a reason to hesitate on pre-ordering the Evo 4G LTE on the 7th.
35. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
agreed! it'll be a hard choice, especially if the SGSIII comes out late for the US like the SGSII
7. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
i hope it comes with a good battery nice to have those treats but pointlless if you can only enjoy them with 4 hours of battery life
8. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I hope the quad cores and LTE come to u.s.
9. azri05 (unregistered)
1080p?? I just jizzed.
11. Commentator (Posts: 3184; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I hope Samsung makes good on its word to bring it to all American carriers promptly, or I might have to settle for something less (read: Evo 4G LTE). I know "good things come to those who wait" and all, but as my profile image can attest to, I REALLY am in need of a new phone...
17. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
I'll put $5 on July / August release in the US... a tad earlier or the same as last year's release.
13. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 427; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Please provide us a camera that is identical to the Nokia N8 please!!
Rather it's gonna be a quad-core or a faster clock speed dual-core..LTE or not....... 720p or not.....lighter or not.......
14. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I hope Samsung uses premium products on the aesthetics. It will have amazing insides , but hopefully a great outside aswel.l A little less plastic and a little more metal.
37. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i also hope so. the last metal samsung phone that i owned is the V100 (2001)
15. willardcw4 (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Oct 2011)
If it was 1080p I doubt it would be non-pentile. I'd be happy with a shmancy 720p non-pentile display! Don't think there will be anything truly 'revolutionary' with this phone aside from the quad core proc + LTE. Hope I'm mistaken, of course!
16. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
If they gonna keep the stupid button they should at least give it something extra to do
19. geoffers247 (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Guy pulls out SGSIII says "It's got full HD and I'm only paying $5 extra"
Other Guys pulls out 720p phone "I can't tell the difference"
Have to pay a bit of respect to Samsung though if they can pull off a 1080p screen on a device that small.
22. kylehudsons (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
difference or not
Spec sheets RULEZ!!!!
29. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its all about power push the limits....
Eaxvac loves his vauxhall 1.6 corsa....
We android roll on the V8s 4.0
20. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Whenever something is successful, Samsuck copies.
2011 : White iPhone is released, at the same year white Samsunk galaxy s2 clone
2012 : White, Cyan, Magenta Nokia Lumia is released. Now samsuck is copying yet again. Typical koreans.
23. geoffers247 (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Thats funny because your Samsuck supplies 25% of the parts in the Iphone 4....
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
u uneducated uncivalized brainwashed iJedi!!!!!!
Ur doooooomed apple has taken over ur life
stupid hipster..... samsung had white phones befor apple
even made phone u dopey....
25. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
1080p RGB OLED screen!?!?!?! that sounds sick
26. MiQr89 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Gl putting 1080p AMOLED ;p its physically impossible to make such small pixels. Most possible is 720p without pentile.
33. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Nah...display is gonna be 1560p. Never seen before.
36. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
those lacs of pixels will also ask for food, and Samsung has to make the phone slim too so the firm is not gonna put a 3000 mAh battery, so Samsung is never gonna put a 1080p on any of its 2012 phones, therefore it would definitely be a 720p super amoled plus display all the way