Monsters from Asia: the THL 5000 with its gargantuan, 5000 mAh battery
23 February Monsters from Asia: The $149 BLU Studio Energy with its insane, 5,000 mAh battery
10 February Monsters from Asia: The aged, $180 Gionee Elife E7 flagship with its SD801, 3GB RAM, and 16MP camera
23 January Monsters from Asia: the $130 Leagoo Lead 7, with its 4,500 mAh battery, is one of the most inexpensive, spec'd out smartphones there is
8 January Monsters from Asia: the slender Huawei Honor 6 Plus and its Duo camera
23 December Monsters from Asia: the incomprehensibly cheap Meizu Blue Charm Note (M1 Note)
1. gigaraga (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The standby times and talk times seem pretty high, but the video watching seems somewhat low? The G Flex can do 20 hours and that 'only' has 3500mAh not to mention the web browsing time is close as well...something tells me that this 5000mAh drains faster when the screen is on (for this phone)
2. vuyonc (Posts: 526; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
The video playback and Web browsing time compares to today's flagships :\
17. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1691; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Now thats what I call battery upgrade
18. Ashoaib (Posts: 2568; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
only china is experimenting different things on phones instead of gimicky things
3. Planterz (Posts: 1343; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Mediatek...blech. And no mention of connectivity. LTE? I kinda doubt it. HSPA+ 42.2? 21.1? 3G? What does it have?
4. Chris.P (Posts: 332; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
No LTE with MediaTek right now. HSDPPA+ 42.2. Updated the post.
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Not new, you'll find plenty of such stupid configurations.
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hope they make a WP version of it. Even if I'm not buying it, more competition is good for us.
9. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Aren't Samsung, LG, HTC, and Micromax Asian companies? Why aren't their "monsters" included in this list?
10. Jason2k13 (Posts: 682; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
funny thing is, almost all phone manufactures are from Asia, including the now 'Motorola'.
12. rahul.niks (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I will buy it if it is not heavy and doesn't have bugs like most Chinese phones have, but i guess it is not Chinese, doesn't mentioned which country is THL is?
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yup, just flash pure Android onto it :D
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
This is powered by crappy mediatek chipset, bro. No bootloader unlocking, no source codes, so no AOSP ROMs.
19. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
This phone will make phone reviewer like phone arena take weeks to complete the battery test, and lots of $$ to do the phone call stamina test. lol
21. Zoealandy (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
I've check all reseller price, found a best offer at coolicool.com, only $262.99, share it with everyone here~~
22. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)
now, just 208 eur on ghdeal.fr...i think its the most low price.
23. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)
ThL 5000; a beast phone, cool name.
24. JJOPQ (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Nov 2014)