- Start, Search and Back button,
- Big WVGA display that would render most pages in full-page width,
- Capacitive 4-point multi-touch display,
- Connectivity via cellular data and Wi-Fi,
- 256MB RAM or more, 8 gigs internal memory,
Microsoft makes hardware requirements for WP devices less stringent
1. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
RAM not good enough,MS still trailing
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
256MB of RAM is probably going to be used in budget devices when the 'Tango' updated is released.
10. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
That's just minimum ram most windows phones have 512.
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5392; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
with this manufactures can make some new cool smartphones a really thigh up system for MS work model slows a bit how they roll new stuff, this will make them grow faster
4. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that would make sense with the "tango" upgrade thats about to roll out which MS said was for budget devices.
5. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Camera key should be a requirement as well.
6. snowgator (Posts: 3448; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Agree. That is really, really popular feature among camera enthusiasts.
7. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
A camera key is nice sometimes, but I'd rather have a phone with only a power/lock button and that's it. volume can be managed from inside the phone itself as also does taking pictures.
8. snowgator (Posts: 3448; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
What I kinda do not understand is that there have always been minimum standards, but very few maximum standards. There is a great potential with the next wave of devices, especially with WP8 on the horizon, to make higher end devices that really compete with Android. Why are manufacturers just settling for the lowest everything that Microsoft wants?
9. Jyakotu (Posts: 832; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
It's a great way for Microsoft to push out budget devices for those who want a smartphone, but are first time adopters.