Microsoft getting sued over location tracking features in Windows Phone
1. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 08:17 0 0
Dam. What do you people have to hide that this is a big issue?
2. greed (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 08:17 1 0
Why do these big companies have to track where we're going all the time, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!
3. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 09:26 1 0
Haha, yeah right... BIG BROTHER! What nonsense... wait a minute, my WP7 device is automatically connecting to a WiFi access point I didn't know existed... hmmm... who the heck is "Baron von Rothschild"? And why is my phone pushing GPS data to "his" access point? Well that's funny, why is this black panel van with tinted windows pulling into my driveway? And who in their right mind wears a black suit in the middle of summer...... (static)
4. remixfa posted on 01 Sep 2011, 09:57 1 0
its a privacy concern. if you care if your being tracked or not, it should always be a choice, not forced. hopefully its just a bug and not a "feature" like it is on iOS. Otherwise, naughty naughty, microsoft.
5. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2011, 10:58 0 0
They are all being naughty... those naughty OEM's and OS programmers! If it cannot be sold as a "feature", then they will hide it under as many layers of code as they can...
7. 530gemini posted on 01 Sep 2011, 13:49 0 0
Where did all the android fanboys go? How come they're not here. Oh, this is not about Apple, so they don't care :)
It only becomes a major concern for them when it's about Apple.
8. jbash posted on 01 Sep 2011, 16:22 0 0
lol, they are here, but this subject is like beating a dead horse