'Metalhead': HTC outs a second teaser video for the All New One
After all, why bother pouring money into hints, teasers, or unveiling events, when most everything is known (and seen) before the announcement? This sad for manufacturers, but jolly for us, state of affairs, didn't stop HTC from releasing its second teaser video of the All New One.
Under the slogan "Metalhead," HTC waxes poetic about the precision craftsmanship that goes into creating the aluminum unibody of the HTC One, and hints that the All New One will be even better as far as the chassis build goes. March 25th is three weeks away, so not much left to wait and see what HTC's engineering prowess has in store for us.
1. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
funny commercial i like it. but they could have done little better something with a story.
23. Taters (Posts: 2640; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If you want to know what desperation is, look no further than hiring Robert Downey Junior, paying Apple's robbery fee, and these new ads.....
2. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Rare earth materials my ass, aluminum isn't rare, not even close.
3. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
HTC use colors and aluminum that are not used by other phones so yes they are rare. have you see any beautiful colors like HTC makes. the answer is no
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So, you're saying that your ass is a rare earth material? :P
6. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
take you ass go to a store and check out your self different metal phones then you will see what they talking about. when something is not used by others its called rare
8. limporgyuk (Posts: 136; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
You really have no idea what you are talking about do you, you think they're using pure aluminium?? There are hundreds of different grades of alloys, they add Silicon, Iron, Copper, Manganese, Magnesium, Zinc, Titanium...... If they made planes out of pure aluminium it would never get off the ground.
7. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
we already know how it will look like so there is no suprise for me
9. aayupanday (Posts: 503; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Apparently Roshan Jamkatel didn't have to wait to get his hands on the device...
10. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Blahblahblah. The "All New HTC One" seems pretty boring so far.
21. Bioload25 (Posts: 189; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Only because of the unbelivable number of leaks,we already know every thing about it
22. Killua (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Yeah, that's one of it. The other one is, how boring the device itself, according to the rumours so far. Not much change, in fact the only change is probably only the camera.
12. TechFreak123 (Posts: 82; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
So all they can brag about are things they already presented in the HTC One? BORING.
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1185; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
So other than slightly altered metal unibody design from the One, same standard hardware as every other next gen phone this round, what's new for the All New One? Yeah, can't have buyer's remorse, at least the S5 comes with bonus stuff like heartbeat monitor & fingerprint scanner despite the obvious lack of innovation.
18. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Gimmicks as usual from Samsung. That goes for the finger print scanner as well. And yes I thought they were gimmicky when Apple and htc put them in their phones also. As for that power mode I'm sure you'll be using that before the end of the day.
At least htc continues to try new technology for the cameras. Not to mention the fact that this is only the second year htc has used this
phone body,. You can't say the same for Samsung.
19. frydaexiii (Posts: 1185; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
At least there ARE gimmicks, what gimmicks does HTC have to warrant a similar price tag to the S5? A aluminium body? That's it?
And it doesn't matter if they're trying out new technology or not, what matters is result, do the pictures taken by the One look better than the other phones in it's league? Hell no.
24. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
To be truthful Samsung doesn't need gimmicks. They already have all the blind loyalty that is needed to make a company successful. Same with Apple.
Even if htc went the "gimmick" route, they all wouldn't have the sales of Samsung or Apple. Even if this dual sensor camera turned out to be the best of the year, it would still not increase their market share because people such as yourself are blind to quality and only go for gimmicks
Go ahead and say otherwise. But between the awards that htc won and the lack of sales, I would say I hit the nail on the head. And with the changes htc made to its updating and now the advantage plan, the only reason for them to fail would be the blind loyalty that I am referring to.
You and anyone else can blame marketing, which I agree is their weak point, but in the end it comes down to the blind easily confused sheep.
25. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Oh seeing as how the one is faster, has better battery life and better build quality, yes. What's going to be your response when Samsung released a metal s5 and charges $150 more for the same specs as the All new One?
Oh and with a qhd display with a battery that can't support it.
26. frydaexiii (Posts: 1185; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
1) How would you know it's faster? I've tried both, the S4 and One, they feel the same. Actually, they were both showcase models, meaning they were filled with crapware and other garbage, the S4 performed better with less stuttering.
2) Better battery life? Since when? Show me your sources.
3) Yes, better build quality. I have a 2 year old S3, and recently it took a really hard fall on a road. The back cover broke and the silver borders cracked. Brought it for repair and they changed the back cover and border for just under $80. What are you gonna do when that happens to your better build quality One when you drop it and it nicks? Sand it down? And don't give me that "it's going to go in a case anyway" argument, if it is, then there's no point arguing better build quality.
Yeah, unless the All new one has a fingerprint scanner, a heartbeat monitor, a screen that supports air gestures, they won't have the same specs... 1 !> 5
and how do you know the battery can't support it? Source please.
27. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Bro, you're just an ignorant, blind sheep. There are reviews posted about the battery tests for the s4 and the one. The one has no lag, therefore faster. Try reading, you won't sound as ignorant.
28. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
FYI, GIMMICKS ARE NOT SPECS!!!
That right there is what I've been saying all along, fanboy!
29. 7Superman9 (Posts: 69; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Oh, and I have never dropped my phone butters. But you bring up a good point. Let me buy an S5 and try and check my heart rate while I'm running and see how many times I drop it. Then we can go back to that build quality topic.
17. newbey123 (Posts: 389; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Just release it HTC. Best android of the year. My upgrade is burning a hole in my pocket.