Metal Samsung Galaxy F gets snapped next to the Galaxy S5, boasts LG G3-like slim bezels
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Looking at the not so perfect angle of the microusb port at the bottom of galaxy F, I can say that it should have IP certification.
38. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Those poor early s5 adopters.
A good design it's not all about bezels.
42. CoastCity (Posts: 249; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
"premium looking"... eee... no. Anyway, You can't realy tell poor early adopters, if companies throw out two flagships per year. If you are in a water fountain and try to drink the most fresh water constantly, you'll never drink.
84. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 586; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Get rid of the stupid home button, then we'll talk.
46. vincelongman (Posts: 4516; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Its not the S5 is going to suddenly stop working now that's its not Samsung's newest
Also Samsung did this last year with the S4 LTE-A
66. Humphrey.One (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
It's called market cannibalism, an economic something, you can google that.
76. vincelongman (Posts: 4516; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
True, but Samsung have been doing this for the past 5 years, they sell the most phones in the world... so it doesn't seem to be hurting them
2. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I'm not a fan of Samsungs design but it looks awesome
57. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Well, not as awesome as Z2 but this is samsung we are talking about.their design has been crappy so this is huge for them
63. Anstice (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 May 2014)
I agree, design wise Samsung hasn't really done anything great with the S5 when compared to the One, G3 and Z2.
72. saffant (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Subjective Subjective Subjective.
I like this look more than the Z2 because of the Z2's ginormous bezels.
18. hurrycanger (Posts: 1565; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
yep, it does look awesome.
But then if the price is too high comparing to the LG G3...
40. phljcnth (Posts: 485; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Am I the only one in this thread not believing in these photos? Again, all these fabricated pictures apparently come from a single source with poor Photoshop skills! If Galaxy F truly exists, that wouldn't look like a phone with a curved edge at the top and flat at the bottom like the pictures suggest. Samsung is not know to make such kind of asymmetry!
43. CoastCity (Posts: 249; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Looks very true to me. The "source" said before that the phone will have asymmetric design
53. phljcnth (Posts: 485; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Well I suggest you take a very close look at each picture and you will tell they were all tastelessly done. Here are some points:
- (Image 1) The 'SAMSUNG' logo is supposed to be embossed not printed
- (Image 1) The edge of the camera and the flash/heart-rate monitor looks crammed
- (Image 1) The reflection in the screen is not consistent with the reflection in the camera
- (Image 1) No LED indicator!
- (Image 2) Improper placement of 'F' in the boot up screen. It's obvious the 'S' and '5' were tampered
- (Image 2 ) LED indicator lights up in blue during boot up. It's unlikely Samsung will ditch this feature.
- (Image 1) Why would anyone take a picture of a phone with a clean back cover and another with a smudgy screen?
Of course the source will claim it will be asymmetrical because he made the concept himself! Can't wait until these images get officially busted!
65. phljcnth (Posts: 485; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It is, actually, under strong lighting. You should at least see a round cut-out on the black film beneath the glass just like that for the ambient light/proximity sensors and front cam. Trust me bro, it's fake.
3. imej88 (unregistered)
Is it me or is the galaxy F look really like LG now (without the home button and 2 capacitive buttons)
21. maherk (Posts: 3875; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Actually, it's the other way around. I remember when the G2 was announced last year, people pointed out (as well as reviewers) that it looks like the S4 with LG logo instead of the home button.
32. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
LG is Samsung's cousin, so it's not surprising that they share similar design in many models. Besides both company doesn't have any conflics, they're just like familiy.
34. imej88 (unregistered)
@maherk @Felix_Gatto I see. Quite true also. If the design is getting too boring, will change to Oppo or Sony=)
51. drunkenjay (Posts: 915; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
they are the biggest rivals in korea lol. they hate each others guts.
61. desniper9 (Posts: 38; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
No. Lg vs Samsung is one of the biggest rivalries in tech. I remember Lg got the SK police to raid Samsung's facilities because of copying suspicions
73. saffant (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
LG has always followed in Sammie's footsteps to gain publicity. Now that they finally have people's attention, they're starting to branch out and diversify.
48. vincelongman (Posts: 4516; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yea the S3 and Note 2 both had similar designs, with fake brushed metal plastic backs as well like the G3
5. express77 (unregistered)
Who designed this? Have they fired their design team?
11. imej88 (unregistered)
the main designer behind S5 was fired by Samsung and the person taking over is apparently the one who design the note series.