Man sues Apple over iPad Smart Cover
1. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 27 Apr 2012, 15:18 22 12
I hope he wins.
...and first.. by the way..
4. itiswhatitis posted on 27 Apr 2012, 15:30 1 4
i wish i could tumb you up and down but since i couldn't i tumb u up instead!
7. PhoneArenaUser posted on 27 Apr 2012, 16:31 6 2
I also hope that he will win.
So who is now copycat??? :)
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 27 Apr 2012, 15:20 1 0
It is going to be a stretch for Bovino to prevail. If he had patented a detachable cover that was connected to the case of the computer by at least two magnetic attachment points, it would be a completely different matter. Of course, there would be the inevitable challenges based on prior art, but that is another issue.
5. MEeee posted on 27 Apr 2012, 15:31 3 1
Did Apple Just ‘Borrow’ The Smart Cover Idea From Incase?
6. shadowcell posted on 27 Apr 2012, 15:57 0 0
I remember when they introduced this "case" and could have sworn Apple just bough the patent rights from them and just renamed the patent but I'm guessing not.
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 28 Apr 2012, 02:56 2 0
Don't be so sure, in the past Apple already has lost some cases against individual people. So, maybe...
10. JeffdaBeat posted on 27 Apr 2012, 17:48 2 4
I kind of see why he brought this case on...but it seems like he is more angry about the design and not the function. The ribs in the SmartCover is for it to fold, not so much for extra protection. But I'm not a patent lawyer. I just don't think this guy has a case.
11. networkdood posted on 27 Apr 2012, 18:59 6 2
The guy should settle out of court - make APPLE purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note and a SG3 for him....
14. PhoneArenaUser posted on 28 Apr 2012, 02:57 1 0
He could ern more money from his patent than any other phone cost!
15. Sangeet posted on 29 Apr 2012, 11:11 0 1
Who the hell cares where the idea came from, the only thing that matters for me is that the smart cover is a very good thing which protects the ipad screen and also eing functional. Let people say whatever they want to but only ipad made this thing extremely useful not those patents which were getting trashed in the patent files.
why just make a patent and let is stink, why not use use it and make it functional
16. adi4u4882 posted on 29 Apr 2012, 13:55 2 0
At least now Apple should quit claming others copycat.