LG to use a homemade octo-core chip named Odin for its H2 flagship Optimus G2
1. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think by now It's obvious that the standard ARM A15 core has some power consumption / thermal properties that don't go well with smartphone implementation.
That's why Apple went to develop a custom Swift ARM reference, and other manufacturers are following
5. jove39 (Posts: 1560; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Heard of krait core? Everyone is following Qualcomm here!
I think this is right time for Intel to make a move with their best x86 atom core!
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
They were designing custom ARM based solution from the beggining of Snapdragon chips.
The Scorpion core instead of A9, and now Krait.
That's the difference
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Optimus G2 IS GONNA MAKE GSIV CRY ;( and saying i should've use my ultimate weapon (octa),,
3. SleepingOz (unregistered)
The GSIV isn't out yet. There's a chance that the rumours about it are, well, just rumours.
8. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
To where ? Nokia is going nowhere nokia will announce a dual core phone when lg and samsung announces octa core ones.
9. Commentator (Posts: 3182; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
All he's saying is that the industry is making progress. He didn't make any mention of Nokia, so I'm not sure why you're antagonizing him.
12. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 134; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
He has a picture of Nokia Lumias as his avatar and he is using lumia920 as his name. But @SamsungFan, you really have to be that dumb to think he was talking about Nokia?
7. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
well...I just hope that it will be powerfull enought to beat Qualcomms snapdragon 800, because if it is not then there is no sense in making it because LG and qualcomm have great relationship and I dont see any reason to spoil that...
10. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 417; Member since: 04 May 2012)
It could *probably* be more efficient with two A7s and four A15s.
Let's just see.
13. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So now everyone would be following Samsung for a few years ....