LG may be planning fingerprint scanners for all 2014 flagships
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Thank you Motorola Atrix for making the fingerprint scanners popular...oh wait :( n/m.
3. tedkord (Posts: 5116; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Thank you Motorola Atrix for coming up with the idea of a fingerprint scanner in a smartphone. TIFTFY.
8. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
There are more important upgrades than stupid fingerprint scanners.. really disappointed
17. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 181; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Swiping a finger on the sensor vs touching the sensor. Thanks Atrix for a crappy idea that never took off.
Apple comes up with the touch sensor, and now all these rumors pop up about smartphones with touch sensors. Nothing wrong with riding coattails, I guess.
5. Dr.Phil (Posts: 924; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
LG called, they wanted me to let you know that you totally forgot about this:
It came out long before the Motorola Atrix...
7. AfterShock (Posts: 2897; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I had that phone, also was first I believe with a 1ghz chip.
Scanner was iffy at times but it worked for the most part.
IQ and Expo, IQ was Canadian, expo AT&T.
12. Teja171 (unregistered)
Might be their idea of incorporating scanners into smartphones. Who knows !
2. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I could use this on my next Lumia.. LG isn't doing to bad nowadays... The only thing I would like to see from LG is a little more original design.. If they could find there own language, like Sony did, then it would be awesome....
4. wilsong17 (Posts: 1059; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
why would they wasted the time on this bullshyt
how is this going to help any one
13. Teja171 (unregistered)
NSA, yes NSA will gain a lot from it, even if you and i don't.
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 774; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I'll be damned if someone made a screen sensitive enough to detect the depths in a fingerprints.That would be a game-changer
14. Teja171 (unregistered)
Apple copied from Motorola. Remember the Atrix, it the first one released with a fingerprint scanner !
18. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 181; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Except you had to swipe your finger across the scanner. This is way different.
15. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3199; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
If somebody copied someone with the fingerprint scanner, it was Apple. But to be honest nobody really copied anybody. Fingerprint scanners have been on phones for pretty long time already. It's like saying that Samsung is copying Apple when it uses a camera on it's phones.
11. Teja171 (unregistered)
Not of much use.
16. TisaTsir (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Lg will claim no 1 spot this year... G3 will be a killer...