LG Nexus 5X specs appear on Amazon, list a 12.3 MP camera and 2700 mAh battery
1. carlemillward (unregistered)
I am glad LG has made the smaller Nexus.
5. timukh (Posts: 293; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Glad but a little disappointed at the specs. From the 2012 Nexus 4 having 2GB RAM, 16GB Internal and 768p screen and 8mp cam to the 2015 Nexus having again 2GB RAM, 16GB internal and 1080p screen and 12.3mp cam, the update after 3years is not that great to be excited about.
18. Mister-Z- (banned) (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Sep 2015)
Well said. A big middle finger to 2gb Ram. F O.
20. joseg81 (Posts: 194; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
my biggest disappointment beside what you mentioned is 16gb of internal storage. really? they should have options for ppl that don't wanna live in the cloud. i would kill for 64 or 128gb.
8. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
NO REMOVABLE BATTERY = FAIL
This better have a sub $300 price tag and the price better continue to decline after launch.
11. Finalflash (Posts: 2795; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
That's cool and all but the real question is, why do they let patients in the hospital psych wards use computers?
13. roldefol (Posts: 4108; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Can it with the no removable battery crap. 95% of new phones in developed markets are now non-removable.
22. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
NO. Only complete idiots like YOU will accept a non-removable battery. Lions don't listen to the whispers of sheep.
2. ruwie (Posts: 97; Member since: 25 Sep 2014)
That is the spec of Xiaomi Mi 4C with the price of $204 only, regardless of screen, nfc and fingerprints scanner
3. kanagadeepan (Posts: 916; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I can understand why Google hates SD slot.. But why it hates bigger (by today's standard) battery is beyond me..
10. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 783; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
battery is very small bcoz there is a craze to put battery as small as possible and optimize the software to work equal to 4000mah. Why not put 4000mah and optimize it work equal to 10000mah. I hate big companies with their less is more mentality and I love chinese companies for putting big battery. I hope chinese will be able to optimize the software with 5000mah battery.
14. Kame_Hame_Haaaaa (Posts: 360; Member since: 29 Jul 2015)
Agree with you doggy.
I really hate the big company decision to use small battery, that made power user must carry USB power bank.
Right now I'm happy with my Galaxy Note 4 + 10,000 mAH ZeroLemon (http://zerolemon.com/product/z
erolemon-samsung-galaxy-note-4-10000mah-extended-battery-nfc-rugged-black-zero-shock-hybrid-protection-case-black/), but I don't know what phone to upgrade to this year or next year.
4. surethom (Posts: 612; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Hopefully 32gb aswell in UK. When will manufacturer KILL 16gb on mid to Highend phones. 32gb minimum please.
6. WeezyF (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jul 2015)
man im just dissapointed by the specs, i hoped for better. amma let it pass and get the huawei nexus which i think looks pretty dope!
15. Awalker (Posts: 1432; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I'm also disappointed. I was hoping for great specs with a relatively small screen. The price will determine if I get it. The Huawei Nexus is too big for me.
7. steelew (Posts: 197; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I agree, I was going to think about selling my G4 for the Nexus 5x but those specs suck. I just want the unlocked bootloader and root for life. I guess that aint happening here, maybe the huawei one will be better. I'm gonna put a case on it anyway so I don't really care about the hump.
9. .KRATOS. (Posts: 310; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Maybe the specs are a bit of disappointment in terms of processor n battery but who knows maybe with an sd 808 n having the 1080p screen will let the battery last longer than a QHD screen, n 2GB of rams may sound like outdated but with stock android n a great integration between the software n hardware you won't notice the difference just like on the iPhone n plus will let the battery last longer will just have to wait n see what's the reviews n real life usage.
12. jellmoo (Posts: 1525; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
It's not bad or anything... Just kind of... Bland. I can't think of a reason to go the Nexus route rather than go the Motorola one.
16. perry1234 (Posts: 150; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
Why , oh why , is the internal memory 16 GB ?? Why not launch 32 GB version in the beginning itself ?
19. roldefol (Posts: 4108; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I blame Apple. If they drop the entry level 16GB, which they damn well should after 5 years, the industry will follow.
23. perry1234 (Posts: 150; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
Well that is true , Apple is quite cheap by fixating on the base 16 GB storage , but here ( in case of this Nexus device) I am sure that there will be no other option also apart from 16 GB in the beginning for buying......at-least Apple has 64 GB and 128 GB available for purchase on the same date !
17. alias3800 (Posts: 48; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
Why in god's name is any of this being believed? 2GB of RAM?
Amazon, your one-stop-shop for accurate leaks. That's what they're known for.
24. TheYellowDart (Posts: 26; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
Gotta love the "Lets yell at the specs!" enthusiasm most folks have here.
I'm sure the provided hardware is more than enough to run 1080P, and we don't even know for certain if it will have expandable storage.
Looks like a solid upgrade for my wife's G2. About the same size, better software, better camera, stereo speakers and most likely par for course battery life.