LG G5 vs LG G4 UI comparison: same old, same old... or not?
1. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Wait, they got rid of app drawer. WTF!
4. shaineql (Posts: 344; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Yep. And UI seems even more ugly and cluttered.
30. CoastCity (Posts: 247; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
6. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 979; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Good job for get rid of bloat drawer, no one likes it
18. baldilocks (Posts: 736; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Really? Documentation to back that up? I use it, so that means your claim of 'no one' is flawed. An app drawer is great. And Nova Launcher makes much more use of it.
20. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 979; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
As a phone retail worker I can tell you confidently that no one likes it, especially to smartphone newbie. they always come back and ask me to rearrange the apps all over again to the homescreen. they also complain that you cant customise well the apps on apps drawer. A is always on top and Z is always in the end. this will get even worse when you are chinese writter & reader (as well as korean hangul writter/reader)
That's why i recommend Huawei or Xiaomi or any that does not offer app drawer, problem solved. LG will soon on my recommend list.
24. baldilocks (Posts: 736; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Maybe you need to learn about launchers, then learn how to show customers how much better it can make their experience. There are always options. Being like iOS shouldn't have to be one of them.
Not using an app drawer just makes for a cluttered experience. If you want to be like iOS, just grab an iPhone. Don't ruin it for the rest of Android users.
29. DRS1977 (Posts: 353; Member since: 27 May 2015)
The Galaxy S7 now has the option to remove the app drawer as well. At least Samsung is giving users a choice if they want it or not.
33. Dudes (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Oct 2015)
It has app drawer. ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWM7TieWpY8
3. keithtae (Posts: 336; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
Omg, they even copy and use a similar theme colour samsung is using - turquoise.
7. kefalin (Posts: 213; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
Looks decent,i hope GF2 get that UI too. The best thing is that settings finally have Search button
9. Darkerm (Posts: 306; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
wtf!! why every ome are removing app drawer
10. Moose (Posts: 225; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
You may be able to add an app drawer with the Nova Launcher. I have used it on a number of Chinese phones without app drawers and Nova adds one as soon as you install it - or it brings the one supplied by android to the surface.
11. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1819; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Yup! They removed the app drawer. But rumor has it that Google is also removing the app drawer in Android N. Doesn't bother me none. Those who like the app drawer can simply throw a launcher on. UI looks more streamlined. I like the brighter colors.
14. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1116; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
the pull down notifications looks like a mess, but i dont mind the new icons.
16. B-power (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
I like everything except the UI. I want my appdrawer. Please dont do this LG.
17. techietech (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Jan 2016)
Damn LG. Your phones are good, but damn your UI. Fix it please
23. Sovat_fc (Posts: 223; Member since: 30 Aug 2014)
Damn techietech! Your nickname is good, but damn your eyes. Fix them, please.
19. Zack_2014 (Posts: 361; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Not sure why LG keeps copying Touchwiz UI
21. B-power (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Where's the appdrawer vomparison, oh wait....
22. Zylam (Posts: 649; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Never liked the app drawer. Outside of the western counties and some European ones, Oems get rid of the app drawer as most Android phones sold worldwide are to new smartphone owners, those people get confused and it makes more sense for them.
25. baldilocks (Posts: 736; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
That's because everyone in those places want to be like Apple. And as a Westerner, I could care less what they are doing over there.
26. AZNHA (unregistered)
can i have black or darker UI ? :/
27. shaq1907 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
G5 is ugly, I don't care about phone design but removing appdrawer and worse screen-to-body ratio are enough reasons to choose another Android flagship for me.
28. avalon2105 (Posts: 225; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Dear LG, we had some good times together but I'm afraid I have to tell you to f**k off. If Google is really going to do the same I might as well switch to WP since Google and Android OEMs are doing everything to lose more customers. Still, there is hope that Sony and Samsung won't go full retard.
31. MrTheenD (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Nov 2014)
"How could we make UI look uglier?", they ask themselves every night.
Seriously f**king quit it.