It's (kind of) official: Note 3, Note 4, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5 LTE-A to get Android 5.0 Lollipop in "early 2015"
1. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Why even release a release date when you don't have a real release date?
5. tech2 (Posts: 3347; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
First of all, they didn't release 'dates'. Also, these rollouts are done in phases for different regions so a specific date for all the handsets for all different region is a bit difficult to get to.
Lastly, are you trying to say that you'd take no information at all then an approx release date ?
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
It takes time and preperations to do test. Would u rather have them RUSH OUT with the software with bugs? I know my Z1 is getting 5.0. But I'd rather wait till all the BUGS ARE FIX first.
16. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 407; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
On top of preparation and tests, carriers will want to put their bloatware in it first before it gets rolled out, so there's delays there. Verizon Note 4 likely won't see it until mid 2015.
2. yashwanth92 (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Nov 2014)
When can we expect galaxy s5 g900h lollipop update to arrive in india
Waiting for the update......
6. Andrewtst (Posts: 606; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
It is far better. Nobody want S5 but getting Note 4.
13. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Agreed. The Note is a better device anyday but it does not sell more than Galaxy S phones. I have a Note 3 and I am holding off till Note 5. But the Glaxy S line is more consumer friendly and easier to hold in the hand whereas the Note series is meant for specific consumer groups and yes in the phablet group all hail the Note
7. walnuttt (Posts: 153; Member since: 11 Apr 2014)
How about S4 Active? As always, variant versions always left behind.
10. rafaelpinaf (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Dec 2014)
Nothing about Galaxy Alpha? Samsung is kidding with Alpa users!!!
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I would expect that the 5.0 update will come out sometime between the time that the Galaxy S6 is announced & the Galaxy S6 is released. That's mostly based on past updates to their devices.
12. dubaiboy78 (Posts: 74; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
Wtf early next year?! We are expecting december rollout for our note 4!
15. ePoch270 (Posts: 168; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
YES!!! My Verizon Note 3 will have 5.0 by next Christmas! Maybe? Probably the week after I get my Note 5.