Is this the Apple iPhone 6? (Update: Ooops, no, it isn't)
Just yesterday, we were talking about Sonny Dickson, who had been the source of quite a few legitimate leaked photos last year of parts from both the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c. The Australian teen on Tuesday, had posted a design reference purported to be that of the Samsung Galaxy S5. Today, Dickson brings us pictures allegedly revealing the Apple iPhone 6. The actual source of the photos is a Twitter account, @mornray886.
One of the photos shows what appears to be the front screen of the iPhone 6, with smaller bezels on the top and bottom, and very thin bezels on the side. The TouchID fingerprint sensor keeps the same look. If legit, the next-gen iPhone will have a larger screen than the 4 inches on the current model, and will be thinner than the iPhone 5s. That dovetails perfectly with previous speculation that calls for the iPhone to be available with two different screen sizes this year, one measured at 4.7 inches and the other at 5.5 inches. Other leaks have shown an extremely thin 6mm casing for the iPhone 6, which might end up being named the Apple iPhone Air. In fact, those close to the project say that the next-gen iPhone resembles a mash up between the Apple iPad Air and the Apple iPod touch.
As usual, we suggest that you take this with the proverbial grain of salt. If the Apple iPhone 6 does end up looking like this, what's your verdict? Let us know by dropping your comments in the box below.
Leaked photos allegedly showing the Apple iPhone 6 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Leaked photos allegedly showing the Apple iPhone 6
source: @mornray886 via TechRadar
1. HASHTAG (Posts: 59; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
If that is the actual design, I may actually ditch my 1520 for this. Not a huge fan of the software, but that design is simply gorgeous!
8. akki20892 (Posts: 2651; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
saying calmly: Why dude why it looks same, they just hit hammer on iPhone 5s and iPhone 5s turn in 6. Nothing new there.
12. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 270; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
True. But lets be honest. The design of smartphones is largely dictacted by it's screen size. To me, this looks rather like a Phablet device. I am more interested in the device around 4,7 or 5 inches that is rumored to become available as well. Still, the thin bezels are really cool.
16. stealthd (Posts: 863; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Yeah that curved metal back and bezel are exactly like the 5s. . . oh wait they aren't at all.
25. akki20892 (Posts: 2651; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yes yes u r right, that's what happen after when hammer hit.
67. vandroid (Posts: 243; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Noticed the lumia in your picture, if anything nokia is the reigning king of same phone every year, same design same specs but better camera. If that is what the iPhone 6 will look like it's not exactly the same. I don't see the glass parts that the iPhone 5 and 5s have on the back. Also the back is curved which is "new." From my experience of hitting objects with a hammer they flat completely not curve the back
56. Finalflash (Posts: 1119; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Lol it looks like an S4, half the Apple fanboys will now have to deny that and act as is that was always a good design.
65. gotenks22 (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
Oh i wonder from where they got these ideas: small bezel (finally -_- after apple saw how android devices with small bezel(lg g2, s4, nexus 5 etc) became successful they finally decided to decrease it), curved back, bigger screen sizes (apple was stuck on 3.5 a few years ago but when they saw that big android devices became successful they finally decided to change the screen sizes). Now it's OK if they take some ideas from android devices (in fact there were a few android devices that took ideas from iphones) but what really bothers me is that they call everything revolutionary and say that it's gonna change the world.
69. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 206; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Its something psychological about how they present their products... The amount of "new stuff" in the 5S is impressive, but they hype it up so much that it seems more impressive than other things that come out... And it really isn't.
61. phantom_six_man (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
finally. . . The iPhone 6 alleged pictures storming the internet are fake
read it here gsmarena.com/the_iphone_6_alleged_pictures_storming_the_internet_are_fake-news-7808.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
30. vincelongman (Posts: 624; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Design looks very nice.
But the top & bottom bezels are still huge.
This looks the 5.5" version, it look like its the size of the Oppo N1.
Even the 4.7" would probably bigger than the Sony Z1.
I think Apple better still make a 4" version, or they might alienate some of their loyal customers (though they'll probably still buy it)
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6615; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The 4.7" would NOT be bigger tthan the Z1. I don't think it's possible to beat the Z1 in bezel size.
43. apple4never (Posts: 755; Member since: 08 May 2013)
looks just like a touch and i love that design too
68. Topcat488 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If the iphone 5S & iphone 5C had a baby, it would look like this! Curved back like the 5C and made of metal like the 5S... And most babies grow bigger then the parents, i.e. the screen size. 0.o Still looks nice though.
2. SAO101789 (Posts: 111; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
As a iphone user I just want to say "GASP!!!" Better come in June because I'm thinking about going into WP if 8.1 meets my needs for a better video player, apps, so on.
3. phantom_six_man (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
i think this one has a 5.5" display iphone
4. Kjayhawk (Posts: 273; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
is it me or does the front look a lot like a Samsung Galaxy S4... Maybe thats what a stretched out iphone 5 looks like. Also i see they changed the back pattern to a solid color. If this is it I would be a bit disappointed, not because it looks bad, i just like the whole secrecy behind it and how we usually don't see the finished product till apple wants us too.
15. SAO101789 (Posts: 111; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
They may change it but I see what you mean. A bigger iphone is what we need but something like the Nokia lumia 1020 would be awesome and have a good color option
52. SayMobile (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
yes, the very same thing came to my mind when I saw it, it looks exactly like the Galaxy S4 from the front
5. promise7 (Posts: 223; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Love the thin bezels, but the rounded back makes it look like a Galaxy phone. If that's the case, I'd rather them just use the exact same design as the 5/5s and just make it bigger.
23. nctx77 (Posts: 284; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Dude, one of the biggest arguments against Apple was that it didn't have a bigger screen and the design has looked the same since iPhone 4. Here you go talking about keeping the design the same and making it larger. These android fanboys would go crazy if that happens. Do you read these boards? You are in a very small minority my friend. If you read tech sites on this leak, people generally love it. This thing will feel lovely in the hands. I hope this is the real deal. If not, I hope it's something close to this!
9. phantom_six_man (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
In the last pic,it really looks like a white G2 IMO
10. cncrim (Posts: 415; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I Switch platform if that is what it look like.
11. Birds (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
All I have to say if the redesign with be "radical," and a fair change in the apple iPhone design language, the design will be leaked to see preliminary reaction and to kill hype for a near fail in the future so expectations won't be so high. Now if the design is sooooooooo new that the company is taking a big risk, I don't think the leaking will be purposeful if it does happen to lead. But a 4.7 inch iPhone should have been long in the making TBH so this ain't anything too "radical" but its fair.
I need my sleep aid because I doubt the above paragraph made the slightest bit of sense. Someone intelligent enough will come along to translate my idiot tongue for the rest of the world....-_-
13. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 206; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
The bezels are nice, but aside from that I would say it looks worse than the current design.
Plus it's insanely early, I would think it's a test model.
14. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 54; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Yeah, it looks like the G2 in the last pictures.
63. clirim (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
now the iphone fans will have headache, they always argue that samsung or android copy ios or iphone, but at the end of the day apple decided to go with bigger screen and thin bezels wich proves that lg and samsung were the first who did it before.
66. loveHEAVYMETAL (Posts: 71; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
same here look like g2 and g pro,especially top and bottom curve look pretty similar to the lg g pro,don't you think too?
17. knights4life03 (Posts: 123; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
It will be awesome to have a bigger screen and thin bezels. It will look beautiful like this. Biggest complaint towards iphones was the small display. (Galaxy s4 user)
18. Stagueve (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
No Way... nowhereelse.fr/iphone-6-photo-prototype-93491/
45. maxnooze (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
this site is saying that it looks exactly like a render style from a graphic artist from the netherlands. and as one can see, in photo 4, there is no actual slot for what is presumably the sim card tray to exist
36. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5279; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
iPod Touch 6 gen + phone = iPhone 6.
21. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Not a fan of the rounded edges on the rear (definitely prefer current iPhone 5S design style), but I wouldn't doubt Apple when it comes to design.
22. kryme (Posts: 98; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
lol the metal version on the s4 with a round home button lol but i guess ifan gonna say it down look like the galaxy s4...lol
40. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 206; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I'd say that's the best way to describe it.
46. Sauce (Posts: 1054; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
It looks like an iPad, ipod, phone version. Not an s4, but I guess the sammites will say it looks like an s4
24. Kishin (Posts: 546; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Beautiful design, its a must have. Seems bigger 2.
26. Troysyx (Posts: 108; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Does it basically look like a carbon copy of the last four but a little bigger??? Then yes.... It probably is.......
27. Taters (Posts: 2361; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That looks HUGE for something with no bezels. Must be the 5.5 or bigger version.
31. Diezparda (Posts: 102; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
hope so, i'll buy it if it has 5.5 inch screen and reasonable price of course (i had the 4th and 5th gen iPod and i love it)
44. hurrycanger (Posts: 613; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
The back looks very iPod-ish. But... it says iPhone on the back...
32. lilg29 (Posts: 75; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
I actually really like this design, I've been on the android boat for a while but I've always said if the Iphone gets even bigger I would switch over. I think its time to make the switch.
34. user1978 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
The internals looks like finished prototype, not mock ups BUT there is no separation between antennas. Unless the back is not made of aluminum or steel, it wouldn't work at all.
35. PBXtech (Posts: 622; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Home button doesn't look right. Home button has always been flush or slightly indented, but this looks like it has a major lip on it. Makes me say no to it being the next model.
41. AyeChrisJr (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
The apple is a little low on the back. Sorta puts me in the mind of an iPod rather than a new iPhone.
42. werthedroids (Posts: 60; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
It would be ok if apple didn't make me want to puke, swallow, and puke again, harder.
47. Sauce (Posts: 1054; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
This DOES NOT remind me of an S4. It reminds me of an iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod (latest), all in phone version.