Ingenious Sony Xperia Z1 mod allows you to turn the earpiece into a secondary speaker for a stereo effect
If you happen to own the Z1 and agree with the above statement, then there are some good news for you -- an ingenious new mod, courtesy of xda-developers member dontbelieve allows your rooted Z1 to blast music from both the loudspeaker on the bottom and the earpiece through which you make calls on the top. As you can imagine, this kind of gives you a stereo sound effect, though not completely.
Sony Xperia Z1
9. techperson211 (Posts: 699; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
" Xperia Z2 was an unimpressive update. Sure, it's got a newer Snapdragon chip and a tad more RAM" Really PA?
11. Busyboy (Posts: 388; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Z2 was a big upgrade IMO
Front facing speakers
Improved notification led
No more shadder resistant screen protector
Improved waterproof flaps
Higher clocked processor and more RAM
C'mon PA, the Z2 was an impressive upgrade
2. dil2abu (Posts: 201; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I am using this mod since a week now.. This really works.. There is a clear difference.. But I worry that, this may damage my earpiece..
3. Astoni (Posts: 560; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
My z1 f*cked up awhile back and played music only from the earpiece untill i restarted it xD
6. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
How this idea came about was exactly due to that bug.
This signals the next Sony flagship having this as an actual feature.
10. 8800-Arte (banned) (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
"This signals the next Sony flagship having this as an actual feature."
*cough* Xperia Z2 *cough*
4. frizodanizzo (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Aug 2014)
I would definitely be worried about the earpiece speaker blowing, normally they're not made to handle that kind of volume increase.
5. mixedfish (Posts: 160; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
"In terms of performance gains, the Xperia Z2 was an unimpressive update over the Xperia Z1"
A statement like that makes it seem the battery life increase was a small thing, but in reality it was a huge and needed update.
7. romeo1 (Posts: 271; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Also "a tad more RAM". 3gb ram is 50% more compared to the 2gb
8. techperson211 (Posts: 699; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
We'll you know Pa they only praise ifruit and samsung. Everything about Sony is just so so .. Not surprised about their comment.