India's cheapest tablet Aakash scores 1.4 million orders
2. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
you probably spend $40 in Mc Donalds in 1 sitting.
25. maan. (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
there is upgraded version also available with Cortex A8 – 700 Mhz nd android 2.3 @ $55
3. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
366 mhz processor!! omg i tossed the mytouch 3g out the window with a 528mhz!! imagine this, and no market?
29. blaze456 (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Oct 2010)
stop making fun of them not everyone got money for iphone ok..look how good metro pcs is doing
4. hunted (Posts: 352; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
This is basically a device for College students in India where they can access internet for their studies in university hostels or thru gprs. Again this is only for students but open to all and not for geeks or heavy tablet users. So we cant expect much for this money
5. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
wat will students eat on this table in india?
7. hunted (Posts: 352; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
This world is not made of rich peoples and not all can own a hi tech device. What did your government invented these kind of devices for your students. Just know even many university students have their own laptop for their personalized things. Students in many countries do non sense with their computer or high end devices(Have you seen teens comments for not getting their iphone for christmas) but teens aren'e like this in India. They quarrel with parents but dont use foul languages as they do.
6. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
They seriously spend 50$ on this crap? I just lost all my respect to Indian people...
9. hunted (Posts: 352; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
who cares if you dont have respect or not. First know for which purpose they release these things.
22. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Any student who will buy this tablet for sure doesn't know how to use a PC because you're stupid if you buy such a thing like this :)
30. blaze456 (Posts: 51; Member since: 06 Oct 2010)
whats wrong with u not everyone got money ok..some people is glad for the little things u spoiled brat
8. ngo2dd (Posts: 793; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Drahmad and RamRaz69 you two are stupid as hell. This table is not for any power user or geeks.
10. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Anywhere you go, you find a bunch of incorrigible twats ready to scribble bigotry for no apparent reasons. I hate this fact.
To be back on-topic, what the heck? Just 366 MHz ARM-
based processor, 256 MB RAM? It's good that Indians have a goverment taking the incentive to reach out those who can't afford high-level specs but this, to me, just looks like gimmicky! I mean, wouldn't this, "it’s often been reported to freeze every
once in a while", going to drive users insane?
13. hunted (Posts: 352; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
it will get updated. Remember the apple giant had battery problems, S2 had display problems?
15. jove39 (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You know what I'll pay another 50$ if they beef up specs little bit...like a 1ghz processor and 512MB ram. One can understand why they kept market away from this tab...it can barely run android...why to put burden of other apps!
19. Epic09 (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
well what kind of hardware do you expect for a $24 tablet?
14. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Updated? I don't see what your point is? This article states that 1.4 million orders have already been placed for this tab which has the problem of freezing every now and then.
17. hunted (Posts: 352; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
just ordered and not delivered, they might fix & deliver or they can release a s/w to fix that bug.
18. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
So, you're saying that you see a device with these specs: 366MHz processor, 256MB RAM, Wi-fi. Place an order. But what is delivered at your house is a device with 680MHz processor, 512MB RAM, Wi-fi, 3G! You don't make much sense dude.
On a side note, how do I reply directly to you?
21. hunted (Posts: 352; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
HAHA i'm not meaning like that. A software upgrade might fix that bug.
Just hit the reply button appears right side of my name
26. harsh_732006 (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
there is a upgraded version for a additional 10$
20. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
WiFi's and expandable GB's?! Going to India. BRB.
24. Padmasali (Posts: 15; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Aakash tablet is for poor economic background students in india... Commercial Aakash Tablet called as UbiSlate... it comes $20 more than original one... UbiSlate will have a resistive touchscreen, Powered by Android 2.3, Cortex A8-700 MHz processor and graphics accelerator HD video processor, 256 MB of RAM and 2 GB of internal memory. Other specifications are – one standard USB port, 3.5 mm audio jack, a 7 inch display with 800 x 480 pixel resolution, resistive touchscreen, GPRS and WiFi support.
27. jellytime (Posts: 135; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
My calculator has better specs than this.
28. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
hahahaha actually indian people are poor. they are so poor, i am afraid they may eat this tablet to satiate hunger...
31. myindia (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
height of ignorance @drahmad .. you see news ?? what is BRIC . What is its purpose ?
Which country's GDP is right next to china?
Which country is US preferring to stay with to strike a chord with South Asia for a regional balance ?
Can this be possible if INDIA is poor ?
Ofcourse every country has poverty in some form .
32. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
when we say the tablet iscrap, you guys repyl its for poor people and when we say its for poorpeople ofindia, yoou say iwe are not poor. You are all confused.