How to get the Android L look on a Nexus 5 or another KitKat phone
Android customization extravaganza with Xposed. And if your phone isn't a Nexus 5, install the Google Now launcher from the Play Store beforehand.
All set? Let's get to it! After you've enabled app installations from Unknown Sources, your first step is installing Xposed GEL Settings. Launch it from the app drawer and reach for the side navigation menu to the left. Go to the General section and check out the L Launcher Design option. Yep, that's the one you want! Turn it on, mark the box next to "Don't show again", and tap "Got it!".
If you followed every instruction so far, that's pretty much all it took! Enjoy the L Version-like experience, and consider installing the Android L Theme module for Xposed from the XDA Developer forum. It will introduce all the themed status bar icons, settings, calculator, wallpaper, boot animation, fonts, and ringtones you need to fool everybody you're running Android L Version.
1. hafini_27 (Posts: 247; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I am using PA and the theme engine is great
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2593; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Is it KK Launcher (Android L UI) by KK APP TEAM??? Coz when searched Google Now launcher from the Play Store I found the above one.
5. luis.d (Posts: 154; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2593; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Thanks Luis but my device is not compatible. :(
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2593; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Again when clicked Xposed GEL Settings, "Missing framework" message pops up with 'Exit' and 'Go to Xposed Framework' options. When 'Go to Xposed Framework' option is clicked it opens xda-developers site in browser and there is a link provided to download it.
8. tadaa (Posts: 243; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
have you enabled it in xposed settings? and if you have, you need to reboot first for the module to work
7. tadaa (Posts: 243; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
google now launcher isn't available on a lot of devices so you're better off getting the apk for it
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2593; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah, my device is not compatible. :(
Anyways thanks buddy. :)
11. Deaconclgi (Posts: 260; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah, this isn't compatible with the Lumia Icon. :)
Just kidding (I know you have more than one phone)....couldn't help it though. :D
16. garlic456 (Posts: 165; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
This will help you (I think)
This link might be old, so search for newer updates of the google now launcher.
12. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 373; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
This looks nothing like Android L, there are themes more worthy of recognition than this.
13. aarif (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
guys google now launcher compatible only for nexus and google play edtiton devices. so try to install from mobogenie or blackmart.