Here are the world’s most popular Android tablets
App publisher Animoca ran an interesting test on nearly a million Android tablets that use its software across the globe and came up with some interesting data. And the most popular Android tablet turned out to be the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with an 11.8% share of the market. Second came the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and only then were the Amazon Kindle Fire and Fire HD tablets. The Google Nexus 7 took the sixth place. The Animoca test tracked users accessing Google Play and playing one of their games.
Interestingly, though, another research firm, Localytics, ran the same test on an even larger base of tablets in March. The numbers came in similar but not identical. The Galaxy Tab 2 got the leada but it was a much narrower race with the Amazon Kindle Fire tablets that came in second. The Nexus 7 ranked fourth here.
What’s noteworthy in both surveys is how widespread are the Samsung tablets. We guess volume and scale are important factors after all.
source: Read Write Web
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
As expected.......Samsung takes the first place! :P
4. Kurai (unregistered)
I also expected that because they flooded the market with different versions or should i say different screen sizes
7. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, they have 5.8", 6.3", 8.0"............Sammy boy is getting BIG!!
8. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
They have only screen size to change...other variations are negligible..!
11. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, others including design and the materials, right?
25. jsdechavez (Posts: 701; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree. Different screen sizes, almost same low resolution, and same innards. Ugh.
20. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Cuz this is "the worlds most popular Android tablets", so the iPad is not included, iPad is using iOS............
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5588; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
hardly anybody knows about the Nexus 10. i want to see an N10 for myself but i still haven't even seen one yet.
3. Andrew10301 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I'm genuinely surprised the nexus 10 didn't make it, I own the 32gb variant and it's the best tablet I've used. Though it may be availability issues. Until about January it was hard to get.
10. Aeires (unregistered)
How well does the dual core keep up with such an awesome screen? I've been considering this tablet but holding out because rumors have a quad core in the pipeline.
16. Andrew10301 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Holds up to need for speed most wanted, dead trigger, and shadow gun well and I rarely have any sudders on it.
5. TylerGrunter (Posts: 905; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Obviously Localytics has a pretty high US user base, while Animoca numbers look a lot more Woldwide.
6. rabih_z (Posts: 45; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
sorry but the reality is that the nexus 7 is the most complete of them all.
and in the near future maybe the new Samsung note 8 will be the best
9. boosook (Posts: 979; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The most complete? Not at all! It lacks rear camera, SD card slot, USB host support, vibration... what is good of the Nex7 (I'm a nex7 owner, and I love it) is that it concentrates on things that REALLY do matter, i.e. processor speed and screen resolution, removing things that are unnecessary, to keep the price low. The result is a tablet that is fast and has a hi-res screen, which are the most important things, for a low price. And... an always up-to-date software!
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Errrrm....Apple do not use Android on their tablets, I'm typing this on my iPad4 and can tell you it doesn't use Android, and according to the topic name this is world’s most popular ANDROID tablets.
21. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Something tells me you just want to rant Apple... Without even reading the headline properly.
24. downphoenix (Posts: 2301; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Why are their stats so widely varied?