HTC executive says it plans to drop Beats Audio headphones from some smartphone boxes
With the headphones now out of the box, there is speculation that HTC could be looking to turn Beats Audio into a streaming music service that would still give HTC buyers a proprietary Beats Audio experience without adding to the cost of selling phones.
2. mercorp (Posts: 984; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
a good decision.you can get better headphones at lower prices,mind you.
12. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
SONY MDREX71 Better than Beats...
At only £20 pinpoint treble deeep Bass!
4. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I think all phones should come with some kind of standard pair of headphones. IPhones come with the same pair, they are good, don't last long until they start falling apart but at least they are free with the phone.
10. jskrenes (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
iPhone earbuds (or any prepackaged earbuds short of Beats) are about the worst piece of audio equipment you can buy short of going back to hand-cranked wax cylinders. You can go to Walmart or RadioShack and pick up a $5 pair of buds if you want something that cheap, and acceptable quality starts at around $20 on up.
That being said, people don't buy their phone or MP3 player based on the included earbuds, they'll either buy good headphones later or they don't know any better or care. So it just doesn't make sense to package good headphones as a leader loss.
15. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I definitely agree about the Apple Earbuds...they are terrible. Apple does sell better ones...but come on! At least give us ones with ear gels.
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
This is so sad
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You sure don't know what good audio is..
8. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah lmao they finally realized!
9. BattleBrat (Posts: 1174; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Beats audio? SERIOUSLY!?!?, Go to Head-fi.org and get learned! They should have licensed SRS Labs technology, or maybe Creative's X-fi technology, (Unlikely, but SRS is doable!) It would have done them worlds better.
16. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Agreed; it's just the name, Dr. Dre, that lends it any cache. In terms of hardware, I found even mid-level Audio-Technica much better. I feel bad for the Rezound owners, though, they paid $299 for those darn ear buds.
18. ngo2dd (Posts: 793; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
They did not paid 300 for the earbud. It was for their LTE phone.
24. myusernameisbetterthanyours (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
I did ... It's a good phone and all but at the time I only wanted the beats
11. cripton805 (Posts: 996; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I think what they meant to say was...
"Were not going to offer Beats headphones anymore because theyre cutting into our profits."
The whole making it cheaper is a straight lie.
14. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well...there is only 2 phones with them. It's probably part of the reason why Verizon slashed the price of the rezound
17. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
the headphones that came with my rezound were fantastic! for being free, they are the best pair of headphones i've ever owned.
of course someone could spend money on better, but the pair I have work quite well.
19. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
I've always thought the ear buds that samsung gives were pretty decent for free ones. The ones with the GS1 Captivate were ok but the ones included with the GS2 Skyrocket were much better in terms of music quality. And that's all they need to include... a set that are good to most people. Audiophiles are always gonna complain and a company can't include earbuds that cost almost what the phone does.
20. Jyakotu (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Beats are more for people who listen to songs with bass, but nothing pop or eletronica.
23. myusernameisbetterthanyours (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
Well when deciding whether to get my htc rezound or htc incredible it was all up to the beats I love my phone but if it didn't come with beats I would have gotten a different phone my beats are amazing I'm just upset the htc one won't have some too