HTC One X can double as a hammer: myth busted
1. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 803; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Replacing hammers with phones seems very smart.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6584; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
just wasted 500$ phone. such a idiot
17. dickwyn (Posts: 596; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah the galaxy s iii drop test feels worser
24. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
We have seen that guy hammering nails and the ONE X was just fine fully ok !!
We never seen the video of that guy who told that his ONE X was broken when he did the same !!
He could also have hammered nail in to the ONE X !!
2. remixfa (Posts: 13938; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i couldnt see the crack that the writer was talking about. i even blew it up. anyone see this crack?
you know.. thats pretty darn impressive.. lol.
now, lets try this with an iphone and SGS3
"how many smacks does it take to get to the center of a cell phone pop?" :) :)
4. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The iPhone will die Bro, be kind to devices!!
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well you got the Iphones killers the HAMMER.HEAD.GANG
5. andro. (Posts: 1960; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The iphone would crack about 2cm before even being in contact with the nail!!
7. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
The cracked One X is the one from the picture for the post. You have to click the source link to view the video. Such a sad waste of a good phone. )):
11. dickwyn (Posts: 596; Member since: 07 May 2012)
someone should try it on the lumia 900 to see wheter that video is true or not
22. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 103; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
If anybody is thinking of doing this, please let me know, I know thousand ways to put a smart phone into good use, and btw using it as a hammer is not one of them..
21. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
Click on the source to see the video where it shows the crack. The screen was cracked by the same guy who made this video above hammering the nail with his HTC ONE X
8. rusted (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
myth not busted, this is just marketing from apple.. they never show how the screen was broken.. if i take a nail to my screen then bash it with a hammer it will break.. lol..
10. T.up.or.down (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
yeah very convincing from a site name APPLEDAILY
12. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Firstly i thought appledaily is apple biased...
But just realise that it is a newspaper company in taiwan
15. T.up.or.down (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
lol you're right. i learnt my lesson today. wikipedia first, or at least google.
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why phonearena trust the source from APPLEdaily?
Anyway serve them right for doing this...
16. romeo1 (Posts: 242; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
its not really beleiveable cause it just skips to the the part where he shows it's broken but not how it's been done
20. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, man.. he could've cracked that screen nailing the phone with a nail gun.. i was hoping he did what the HTC guy did and showed us the cracked screen.. but instead he showed the aftermath.. and that could be from anything, not only from hammering..
19. skymitch89 (Posts: 1081; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I don't see any cracks on the screen when the guy turns it off to show that there is nothing there. I'm wondering if you took one video and pic from another video. As I was watching this, I cringed with every hit. I don't know why I did that because I didn't cringe once when I watched the Lumia 900, but that might be becasue of it being a Nokia/WP7 device.
25. douzi1205 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
No way, this is bs
I bought my HTC ONE X just for 1 month an I dropped it and it breaks......
Turns out I spent another 700CAD to get a international ONE X from Taiwan.....