HTC One X can double as a hammer: myth busted
1. XiphiasGladius posted on 07 Jun 2012, 08:06 19
Replacing hammers with phones seems very smart.
23. Mario1017 posted on 08 Jun 2012, 21:01 1
no it definitley does not
24. SherlockHolmes posted on 09 Jun 2012, 07:29 0
We have seen that guy hammering nails and the ONE X was just fine fully ok !!
We never seen the video of that guy who told that his ONE X was broken when he did the same !!
He could also have hammered nail in to the ONE X !!
2. remixfa posted on 07 Jun 2012, 08:11 3
i couldnt see the crack that the writer was talking about. i even blew it up. anyone see this crack?
you know.. thats pretty darn impressive.. lol.
now, lets try this with an iphone and SGS3
"how many smacks does it take to get to the center of a cell phone pop?" :) :)
18. haseebzahid posted on 07 Jun 2012, 11:32 2
well you got the Iphones killers the HAMMER.HEAD.GANG
5. andro. posted on 07 Jun 2012, 08:13 15
The iphone would crack about 2cm before even being in contact with the nail!!
7. LostInTheRed posted on 07 Jun 2012, 08:52 0
The cracked One X is the one from the picture for the post. You have to click the source link to view the video. Such a sad waste of a good phone. )):
11. dickwyn posted on 07 Jun 2012, 09:22 2
someone should try it on the lumia 900 to see wheter that video is true or not
22. techsavvy.jaz posted on 08 Jun 2012, 05:51 0
If anybody is thinking of doing this, please let me know, I know thousand ways to put a smart phone into good use, and btw using it as a hammer is not one of them..
21. haroonazeem638 posted on 08 Jun 2012, 00:06 0
Click on the source to see the video where it shows the crack. The screen was cracked by the same guy who made this video above hammering the nail with his HTC ONE X
8. rusted posted on 07 Jun 2012, 09:03 2
myth not busted, this is just marketing from apple.. they never show how the screen was broken.. if i take a nail to my screen then bash it with a hammer it will break.. lol..
10. T.up.or.down posted on 07 Jun 2012, 09:21 3
yeah very convincing from a site name APPLEDAILY
12. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 07 Jun 2012, 09:26 3
Firstly i thought appledaily is apple biased...
But just realise that it is a newspaper company in taiwan
15. T.up.or.down posted on 07 Jun 2012, 09:54 0
lol you're right. i learnt my lesson today. wikipedia first, or at least google.
14. wendygarett posted on 07 Jun 2012, 09:53 0
Why phonearena trust the source from APPLEdaily?
Anyway serve them right for doing this...
16. romeo1 posted on 07 Jun 2012, 10:12 2
its not really beleiveable cause it just skips to the the part where he shows it's broken but not how it's been done
20. bayusuputra posted on 07 Jun 2012, 22:07 0
yeah, man.. he could've cracked that screen nailing the phone with a nail gun.. i was hoping he did what the HTC guy did and showed us the cracked screen.. but instead he showed the aftermath.. and that could be from anything, not only from hammering..
19. skymitch89 posted on 07 Jun 2012, 13:49 0
I don't see any cracks on the screen when the guy turns it off to show that there is nothing there. I'm wondering if you took one video and pic from another video. As I was watching this, I cringed with every hit. I don't know why I did that because I didn't cringe once when I watched the Lumia 900, but that might be becasue of it being a Nokia/WP7 device.
25. douzi1205 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 07:52 0
No way, this is bs
I bought my HTC ONE X just for 1 month an I dropped it and it breaks......
Turns out I spent another 700CAD to get a international ONE X from Taiwan.....