HTC One Max receives its GCF approval; phablet one step closer to unveiling
The GCF approval reveals that the HTC One Max will support SIM lock although that doesn't mean it will be SIM locked in all of the markets it is sold in. The unit will be stuffed with quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE giving support to triband UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA at 900MHz, 1900MHz and 2100 MHz. In addition, the phablet will offer connectivity to triband LTE at 800MHz, 1800MHz and 2600 MHz. Those are also known as LTE bands 3, 7 and 20.
Now that the GCF approval has been made, the unveiling of the HTC One Max shouldn't be too far away.
source: GCF via theUnwired
1. newbey123 (Posts: 517; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
The phablet beast is almost here. Hurry up HTC, been needing a new phone for months and I'm finally ready to dive into the phablet pool.
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The phablet of the year is already out brah, take a tour into a store and try it out, you won't be disappointed.
4. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Phablet beast??? Lol. Thats crown is already taken by the Note 3. Srry no one can compete in this space. If the Htc One couldnt compete with the S4 this year which in reality wasnt the best phone then it deffinetely cant compete with the Note 3 which is the best phablet if not the best phone in 2013
10. amats69 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
by the way HTC One won T3 Gadget Awards 2013: Phone of the year...oh that Octacore S4 that still full of lags and overheating issue? meh
13. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Its sad really cause they have yet to outsell the gs4... and they now have millions in operating losses...
15. amats69 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Yeah you are right..even gs4 outsell the htc one that doesnt mean it is the best phone this year....good marketing and brand recognition is a big factor which is where htc is lacking.
5. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
According to gsmarena this is rocking an s800 again with the same ultrapixel camera, removable battery and fingerprint sensor. The screen size is also the same as the Note 3's but the form is larger, kinda like the One and GS4.
6. newbey123 (Posts: 517; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Larger manly because of the front speakers which is a good thing in my opinion. Just hope they release it soon.
7. amiroo1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
i think this beats can be one of two phablets of 2013.
one max-note 3
i wating for this beauty.
8. GoogleSafariFox (banned) (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
This will be a Major FLOP! HTC ONE MAX is Like a Huge Version of HTC ONE. LOL. Still, My Money Goes to NOTE 3! Note 3 IS THE BEST SMARTPHONE IN THE MARKET! Along with Note 2 and S4. But Note 3 is undeniably the BEAST! Way to Go Samsung!
14. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
you do realise that the note 3 is like a huge version of the galaxy line, right?
12. tylerburns117 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Oct 2013)
The HTC one is for sure its a great phone and the dre beats speakers are great and there is this Kickstarter project with matching charger cables for all the new smartphones go to kickstarter .com and search JUICIES+
16. gprime (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
I can't wait for this phone, but am torn between this and the note 3.
Pro for HTC:
Front speakers now just waiting on battery size and camera
Pros for Samsung:
17. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
So will it come to the U.S? I read that it might not.