HTC M7 specs change a bit, still planned as HTC One X successor
1. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I've always loved sense. Especially the lock screen! Hopefully this new flagship has sufficient battery life :(
18. 14545 (Posts: 1277; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
It's HTC, so don't count on it. They are the same company that said "customers don't want battery life, they want thin phones."
44. MeoCao (unregistered)
HTC flagship now is Butterfly/DNA, not One X+, so M7 looks like a second flagship or even midrange phone the way One S is Mdirange to One X flagship.
45. MeoCao (unregistered)
I did not see M7 had 1080p, but this is same as DNA?
47. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
You want something more than the latest and greatest technology that has only been out on one phone so far?
48. MeoCao (unregistered)
Yes sure, that's why I think there's not much difference btn Butterfly and M7.
66. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Yes. It's basically a slightly smaller DNA for everyone else.
54. johnkob14 (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I wouldn't count Butterfly as a flagship since Europe isn't getting it and think its only shipping in china
55. MeoCao (unregistered)
I guess HTC does not have enough screen panels to launch the phone everywhere.
This phone is a success so there is no reason HTC doesn't bring it to Europe.
4. Droiddoes (unregistered)
"Almost two weeks ago, we saw some rumors talking about the HTC M7, which is the Chinese company's heir to the thrown"
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Ha! I knew that didn't look right. And what makes it worse is that I've been doing a marathon run of Game of Thrones over the past week!
7. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Winter is coming.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
^ haha whaaa?
11. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I really hope the next HTC phone will answer everyone's complaint. SD card, battery capacity, and etc... Sense itself is definitely not a problem, cause the enthusiasts will always root their phone and flash custom ROMs, not to mention Sense itself has been getting faster and faster. If the rumor of the phone being released on all four major carriers is true... then HTC will definitely be having a comeback.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
WE NEED BATTERY!!
also im glad its gonna be 4.7 inches, thats dope... everything sounds right we just need the battery to seal the deal...
17. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
With a larger battery than the DNA and a smaller display than the DNA, hopefully it gets at least as good of battery life. Another hour or 2 would be great. All reviews I've seen have put the DNA at 12-13 hours so anything better is fine with me.
19. 14545 (Posts: 1277; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I disagree. Minimum should be 16 hours with 3+ hours of screen on. With 4hrs screen on it should net 12-14. That is the minimum IMO. If I can't make it a whole day at work without my battery failing, I'm not buying.
24. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Right now I'm only getting 10-11 hours of battery so 14-15 hours sounds perfect. I'm not disagreeing that a larger battery would be better but besides the Maxx that kind of battery life doesn't come standard. Although a removable battery would be so nice...
16. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Can you have a wet dream while you're awake? Cuz I just did. 4.7" 1080P? Ideal. The DNA is just a tad too big for me so this should be perfect. C'mon on screen keys!
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
yea i agree.......this phone will be highly close to perfection!.... given the ideal size it will have :)
21. 14545 (Posts: 1277; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I would rather a 4.3-4.5 with a small bezel about the same thickness as a Rezound and with a 2500 mAh battery from the get go. Or 3k mAh and try to go after the Maxx. Throw in an SD and open source the drivers, and I would actually, for a moment, reconsider buying another HTC. Until then, no deal.
25. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Open source drivers? I thought I was dreaming. ;D As thick as a Rezound? That's pretty thick. Why not as thick as a Razr Maxx? Motorola proved you can have a slim device with a large battery.
31. 14545 (Posts: 1277; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Well, it seems like Moto traded thickness for width. I would rather a phone that isn't nearly as wide(I use my one handed a ton) for something that is a tad thicker. I will agree though, the rezound, especially considering it's tiny 1600 mAh battery, could have been many times thinner. I also agree with your statement/reply above.
23. iDevice (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
maybe this phone makes me go back to android!
30. redmd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
if it has removable battery and sd card expansion then I might be interested.
35. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1127; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Hey Michael, what phone did HTC ever have on all four U.S carriers? I think of one.
39. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I didn't know of one either. The Verge says that the last one was the Touch Pro 2 which was released in 2009.
37. Klamba92 (Posts: 209; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I hope it will be an edge to edge display!
40. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just hope HTC put SD cards back in their phone. I haven't even bought a SINGLE HTC phone on AT&T
41. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
it's about time they weren't ignorant and released to multiple carriers I guess they decided to become profitable. same phone everywhere
64. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The only catch is... will the name of the phone be changed on different carriers? If the name is different on each of the carriers, then it's no good. Just hope the carrier don't screw things up.
49. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Qualcomm? I thought it was going to be the Tegra 4? Unless it's a new Snapdragon S5, I'm going to be a bit sad. Would be nice to see a true A15 quad core on the market to see how it performs, it would be even better to see a new custom chip from Qualcomm to see how that stacks up against true A15.
63. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Last I heard was Snapdragon S4 Pro. Tegra 4 will likely be found in tablets before smartphones.
67. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's also what they said about the S4 Pro. Still hoping
51. bob28182tw (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I don't think ppl of Taiwan will appreciate ppl calling them Chinese from China,they are proudly "Taiwanese" pls ppl read so history before commenting!if it wasn't for the Taiwan,there wouldn't have been all the innovation's in the IT industry,ppl look around,who's the major players in the IT industry,just naming a few Asus,Gigabytes,Acer,HTC and many more, so "Please" ppl without the Taiwanese there wouldn't be this IT industry!!!!!Thanks
68. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Phonearena, HTC One X had an f2.0 aperture not f2.2... so the aperture hasnt changed between the one x and the m7
69. bob28182tw (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
ROC is ROC,which is Taiwan,and not China,China PROC is communist and Taiwan is not. Look at the Taiwanese passport,it has ROC and Taiwan on it. CKS went to Taiwan after the war because he exhausted all his resource getting the Japanese out of China,if it wasn't for him Japan will now be occupying China,and PROC took advantage of that and fought him from his back. A is A and B is B,and A is not B so please get the fact straight,ROC is ROC and not PROC. Please note ROC still exists,thanks
70. bob28182tw (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
HTC is Taiwanese brand from Taiwan!!!!!!and that the fact and final.Please no more politics.Thanks