HTC M7 specs change a bit, still planned as HTC One X successor
1. menny07 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:12 12 4
I've always loved sense. Especially the lock screen! Hopefully this new flagship has sufficient battery life :(
18. 14545 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:12 7 4
It's HTC, so don't count on it. They are the same company that said "customers don't want battery life, they want thin phones."
44. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:36 0 0
HTC flagship now is Butterfly/DNA, not One X+, so M7 looks like a second flagship or even midrange phone the way One S is Mdirange to One X flagship.
45. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:45 0 0
I did not see M7 had 1080p, but this is same as DNA?
47. milesboy5 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:37 0 0
You want something more than the latest and greatest technology that has only been out on one phone so far?
48. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:59 0 0
Yes sure, that's why I think there's not much difference btn Butterfly and M7.
66. user312 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 18:51 0 0
Yes. It's basically a slightly smaller DNA for everyone else.
54. johnkob14 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 03:15 0 0
I wouldn't count Butterfly as a flagship since Europe isn't getting it and think its only shipping in china
55. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 18 Dec 2012, 06:07 0 0
I guess HTC does not have enough screen panels to launch the phone everywhere.
This phone is a success so there is no reason HTC doesn't bring it to Europe.
4. Droiddoes posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:29 5 0
"Almost two weeks ago, we saw some rumors talking about the HTC M7, which is the Chinese company's heir to the thrown"
6. MichaelHeller posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:39 3 1
Ha! I knew that didn't look right. And what makes it worse is that I've been doing a marathon run of Game of Thrones over the past week!
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:55 0 1
^ haha whaaa?
28. PhoneArenaUser posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:42 0 0
11. gwuhua1984 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:56 2 0
I really hope the next HTC phone will answer everyone's complaint. SD card, battery capacity, and etc... Sense itself is definitely not a problem, cause the enthusiasts will always root their phone and flash custom ROMs, not to mention Sense itself has been getting faster and faster. If the rumor of the phone being released on all four major carriers is true... then HTC will definitely be having a comeback.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:59 2 1
WE NEED BATTERY!!
also im glad its gonna be 4.7 inches, thats dope... everything sounds right we just need the battery to seal the deal...
17. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:09 1 0
With a larger battery than the DNA and a smaller display than the DNA, hopefully it gets at least as good of battery life. Another hour or 2 would be great. All reviews I've seen have put the DNA at 12-13 hours so anything better is fine with me.
19. 14545 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:17 0 0
I disagree. Minimum should be 16 hours with 3+ hours of screen on. With 4hrs screen on it should net 12-14. That is the minimum IMO. If I can't make it a whole day at work without my battery failing, I'm not buying.
24. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:21 1 0
Right now I'm only getting 10-11 hours of battery so 14-15 hours sounds perfect. I'm not disagreeing that a larger battery would be better but besides the Maxx that kind of battery life doesn't come standard. Although a removable battery would be so nice...
16. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:05 0 0
Can you have a wet dream while you're awake? Cuz I just did. 4.7" 1080P? Ideal. The DNA is just a tad too big for me so this should be perfect. C'mon on screen keys!
20. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:19 1 1
yea i agree.......this phone will be highly close to perfection!.... given the ideal size it will have :)
21. 14545 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:20 0 0
I would rather a 4.3-4.5 with a small bezel about the same thickness as a Rezound and with a 2500 mAh battery from the get go. Or 3k mAh and try to go after the Maxx. Throw in an SD and open source the drivers, and I would actually, for a moment, reconsider buying another HTC. Until then, no deal.
25. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:23 1 0
Open source drivers? I thought I was dreaming. ;D As thick as a Rezound? That's pretty thick. Why not as thick as a Razr Maxx? Motorola proved you can have a slim device with a large battery.
31. 14545 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:59 2 0
Well, it seems like Moto traded thickness for width. I would rather a phone that isn't nearly as wide(I use my one handed a ton) for something that is a tad thicker. I will agree though, the rezound, especially considering it's tiny 1600 mAh battery, could have been many times thinner. I also agree with your statement/reply above.
50. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Dec 2012, 23:52 0 0
Good. Then we're all agreed. ;D
30. redmd posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:58 1 0
if it has removable battery and sd card expansion then I might be interested.
35. Joshing4fun posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:28 0 0
Hey Michael, what phone did HTC ever have on all four U.S carriers? I think of one.
39. MichaelHeller posted on 17 Dec 2012, 19:22 0 0
I didn't know of one either. The Verge says that the last one was the Touch Pro 2 which was released in 2009.
40. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 19:50 0 0
Just hope HTC put SD cards back in their phone. I haven't even bought a SINGLE HTC phone on AT&T
41. Lboogey6 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 20:03 1 0
it's about time they weren't ignorant and released to multiple carriers I guess they decided to become profitable. same phone everywhere
64. gwuhua1984 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 11:24 0 0
The only catch is... will the name of the phone be changed on different carriers? If the name is different on each of the carriers, then it's no good. Just hope the carrier don't screw things up.
49. Berzerk000 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 23:14 0 0
Qualcomm? I thought it was going to be the Tegra 4? Unless it's a new Snapdragon S5, I'm going to be a bit sad. Would be nice to see a true A15 quad core on the market to see how it performs, it would be even better to see a new custom chip from Qualcomm to see how that stacks up against true A15.
63. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Dec 2012, 11:16 0 0
Last I heard was Snapdragon S4 Pro. Tegra 4 will likely be found in tablets before smartphones.
67. Berzerk000 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 19:04 0 0
That's also what they said about the S4 Pro. Still hoping
51. bob28182tw posted on 18 Dec 2012, 00:20 2 0
I don't think ppl of Taiwan will appreciate ppl calling them Chinese from China,they are proudly "Taiwanese" pls ppl read so history before commenting!if it wasn't for the Taiwan,there wouldn't have been all the innovation's in the IT industry,ppl look around,who's the major players in the IT industry,just naming a few Asus,Gigabytes,Acer,HTC and many more, so "Please" ppl without the Taiwanese there wouldn't be this IT industry!!!!!Thanks
68. linneti15 posted on 19 Dec 2012, 01:35 0 0
Phonearena, HTC One X had an f2.0 aperture not f2.2... so the aperture hasnt changed between the one x and the m7
69. bob28182tw posted on 19 Dec 2012, 07:06 2 0
ROC is ROC,which is Taiwan,and not China,China PROC is communist and Taiwan is not. Look at the Taiwanese passport,it has ROC and Taiwan on it. CKS went to Taiwan after the war because he exhausted all his resource getting the Japanese out of China,if it wasn't for him Japan will now be occupying China,and PROC took advantage of that and fought him from his back. A is A and B is B,and A is not B so please get the fact straight,ROC is ROC and not PROC. Please note ROC still exists,thanks
70. bob28182tw posted on 19 Dec 2012, 07:17 1 0
HTC is Taiwanese brand from Taiwan!!!!!!and that the fact and final.Please no more politics.Thanks