HTC M4 arriving in June with 'metal-alloy chassis'
The HTC M4 is expected to start shipping in June with wider availability in the third quarter of the year. But HTC is aiming to ship 700 000 devices in the second quarter as well.
Getting a large order like the one for the HTC M4 is a win for Catcher and the supplier forecasts a 10.5% to 15% sequentially growth in revenue in Q2 2013. It is also expected to ship 2.3-2.4 million units of the HTC One in the second quarter.
1. menny07 (Posts: 89; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I thought they said only 1 flagship for 2013!!! D:
design looks like a rehash of One X+
or maybe, this is the mid-ranger.
4. tech2 (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I agree, the design looks a bit like the last year's One X and X+. I though this design would be inspired by HTC One. Its probably a mid-ranger
6. Doakie (Posts: 1166; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yeah the front looks like an EVO 4G LTE, and the back looks like a One X.
27. rizevnarastek (Posts: 327; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
M7 / One (high-end),
M4 (mid-range) and
M2 (low-end) are the phones for this year.
I hope that the final design for the M4 will be similar to HTC First but with a metal body. That would be so sweet.
33. WWThinker (Posts: 31; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
HTC One chassis is so ugly, like a brick! The previous design, Butterfly, on the other hand, is a much much much better design: external slots for uSD and SIM, thinnner, lighter than HTC One. Whoever designed the chassis or authorize the manufacturing of the HTC One casing should be fired. What a shame! The ideal smartphone case should allow dual SIM and uSD card to be inserted without removing the battery, yet the thickness should be less than 8mm. Sony probably came close to the best case design. A lot of the decision makers at HTC are still living in their dream. Instead of leading the trend, telling the stories of the digital life of the future, they draw fat pay check, smoke pipes in places where they feel comfortable, threw away money like the investment in Beat Audio.
28. jcarrigan (unregistered)
remind me way too much of the droid incredible 4g lte. htc one actually looked nice, this looks like a car wreck
2. tech2 (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
OMG........HTC One fans are gonna kill HTC. !!!!!!
14. tech2 (Posts: 1837; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
because not only HTC said they wouldn't release 2 flagship this year but also by the fact that they would feel betrayed as releasing a whole new device to perfect the first one makes you one feel that he/she paid £500 (GBP) for a beta version.
16. amats69 (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nah did the article said it is the new HTC flagship?
19. fwinst (Posts: 49; Member since: 08 May 2010)
The article did say, "HTC’s second device that is expected to be a revision of the HTC One," IF the statement is correct, this new phone would replace the HTC One. On another note, look thicker to anybody else? Bigger battery??
20. amats69 (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
it is probably a mid ranger phone than a flagship device..looking at the phone itself it dont have the dual front speaker which is the best features of HTC One...i think if they revise the HTC One they will not go for a downgrade.
17. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
This is probably just a mid-range device
25. sintruder (Posts: 58; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
for your information this is not a flagship product, hence the name is m4 and the one was m7.
26. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
not really there have been leaks for the m4 since the M1 has been rumored. they didnt say they would release one phone only. everyone needs a mid ranger.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5150; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha.......look at the design of the camera! xD
5. AndiAllDay (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
!! hope the screen size is "5" or more...with more battery life and key lime pie or jelly bean 4.2!!
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1340; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
And HTC,don't forget to advertise your phones if you don't want to repeat the same mistake last year.
9. amats69 (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL at the Camera and Flash position! HTC can you pls redo that?
29. lyndon420 (Posts: 1706; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
What's wrong with their placement? What am I not seeing?
36. amats69 (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
idk dude but it really looks weird to me..hahaha...
10. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I'm really glad about the comeback of the 3-button configuration on the phone's front panel. I guess HTC did listen to the critics after releasing the HTC One. HTC did very few mistakes with the HTC One, and one of them was the exclusion of the home button and replacing the latter with useless HTC logo. The camera of the M4 doesn't look pretty at all, but maybe it's not from a design perspective, but rather to allow a better Ultrapixels camera, with higher MP than the 4 MP one of the HTC One.
Those of you who are already freaking out, this is not a new flagship. It's not going to be better specs-wise compared to the HTC One. Why? The codename for this phone is M4 and the codename for the HTC One was M7. Get it?
13. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2116; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The HTC One does have a home button. They just moved it from the center to the right side. They excluded a dedicated mutitasking button. I believe you have to double-tap the home button to access that feature now.
30. lyndon420 (Posts: 1706; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
That multitasking / recent apps button was un-necessary anyway. A home button and back button is all that's needed for me anyway...I know what apps I've used recently.
32. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2116; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That's great that you know what apps you've used recently, but the function of the button is to provide quick access to those apps.
34. Taters (Posts: 2640; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Two buttons is fine. Two hard to reach buttons when using one hand is not.
Home button should be in the middle.
11. minhquan1 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
is not the m4, that phone is htc e1 for china market ppl !!!!
12. amats69 (Posts: 986; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i think this is a Mid Ranger phone...i just dont like the position of the flash and Camera..looks weird.LOL
15. skymitch89 (Posts: 1036; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
The only kind of "revision" that I can think of that might come to the HTC One is an additional color or material change.
18. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Naaah, only one front speaker means no BoomSound so it's anything but the One.
21. MachDaddy (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
I think the story should be revised to say the M4 is and update of LAST YEAR'S HTC One X design, as that's clearly what it looks like.
A high-spec revised design of an existing model would still fit in with HTC's "one flagship per year" concept.
23. htcone (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
This isn't another flagship.
Remember last year one x one s one v.
This will be just like one s offering to users who dont have lots of money to have ultrapixel camera sense 5 and the other staff from htc one.and i think it is a dual core with 1gb of ram.
Remeber that samsung has s4 mini on the way so does it mean another flagship.
Also galaxy mega and galaxy win.
Plzz think in your mind before writing some thing wrong.
24. bubbadoes (Posts: 324; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Come on HTC, what could possibly take the HTC One this year or even a year to come. I would say focus on the One with marketing and building around that. You already have a winner in your corner. I'm just sad it's not coming to Verizon...Also, this can't be the replacement for the DNA/BUTTERFLY. Looks very familiar to current DNA model.
35. Taters (Posts: 2640; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That isn't the M4 I believe. It is some weird customizable e series China phone.