Google's Project Hera may break down the walls between Android and the web
1. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Is it necessary to copy iOS 7? Status bar blending with UI is all over ios 7. Why can't they just stick with a transparent status bar? It looks so much better!
2. chistoefur (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Its not copying if it looks better, and is better executed.
3. magnanimus (Posts: 297; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
You have to accept OSes will 'borrow' what is good in other OSes from time to time and try to make it unique in their own way. All OSes do this as it helps in improving each of them. I call it a mutual relationship between OSes.
6. magnanimus (Posts: 297; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Example if you're in doubt of this mutual relationship is:
1. The notification bar made popular by android.
2. Flat or 'modern' look by WP.
3. Cloud tracking made popular by iOS.
4. Quick toggles made popular by android.
And many more so accept this :)
19. vincelongman (Posts: 1320; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
iOS 7 'borrowed' transparent status bar from Windows 7's glass Aero theme
4. grahaman27 (Posts: 347; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Well they are just mockups.... So yeah. But as long as the design looks better, who cares? I won't get mad at apple for making a bigger phone or smartwatch.
11. icyrock1 (Posts: 303; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Your in the minority. Just wait tell they do (if they plan to).
5. alltechinside (Posts: 247; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
This is the funniest thing I've read today. Custom Roms HAD Status Bars blend with the UI (Color) long before Apple made iOS 7....
9. omar300 (Posts: 183; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
developer on xda had a mod to enable this option since ICS. 2011
16. fireblade (Posts: 708; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
And notification bar is from android. Try trolling harder next time
20. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 380; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Android has done this for a long time and Google themselves introduced it with KitKat, so if anything, either Apple copied it or they were executed at the same time.
7. jroc74 (Posts: 4947; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This sounds good. Everyone is ditching Flash on mobile so this is the next logical step. Just need the desktop websites to ditch it more.
8. express77 (unregistered)
yes they should. playing flash in mobile is headache. there are very few browsers with flash support now and they are also slow and crash too much.
13. elitewolverine (Posts: 1731; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Interesting, I Wonder if it is like how WP8 does it with their html5 app development on the platform.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3421; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Current holo design is best looking, all of the current google apps look stunning. But this change is not of my taste. Too colorful.