Google Nexus 8.9 made by HTC is tipped for June - a 'high-performance' tablet with 2K+ display, and a $300+ price
9. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
same here , if its from HTC , its gonna be epic
20. apple4never (Posts: 1058; Member since: 08 May 2013)
it would be more eipc if it was an 8.9 inch version of the tablet Z2
31. lsutigers (Posts: 817; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
That would be epic as Sony arguably makes the best Android tablet right now when it comes to premium design. HTC hasn't made a table for a few years but they put definitely put a lot of effort into premium design, so HTC is one of my top choices along with Sony.
34. apple4never (Posts: 1058; Member since: 08 May 2013)
imagine a "one tablet" minus the UP camera
14. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
i love you HTC + google been waiting for this so long.
24. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
me too i wait to buy a tablet but only htc
3. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Oh yes! Tablet with Boom Sound will be great for watching movies :D
36. Sesameopen (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
IKR! BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY BEAUTIFUL SOUND!!! BEAUTIFUL DESIGN!!! ITS PERFECT
4. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Has my interest.
First non nexus tablet to do so.
Power, performance an fairly priced!
Bring it HTC.
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Its not non nexus dude its a nexus
8. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You are correct, I had to re-read headline an let that sink in.
I'm thinking that picture with sense on it made me think otherwise.
Looks like a hacked OneX.
10. grahaman27 (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Even the title of the article said "Google nexus" did you really just look at the pictures and comment?
21. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Didn't you just vread my reply then just ignore it?
Kind of the same thing.
6. Notsosuperdave (Posts: 29; Member since: 15 May 2013)
make this work with my boomsub and ill buy one! maybe get beats too?
7. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awesome. Been waiting to get my first tablet and wanted to wait until google let HTC take it over. Bring it on HTC.
11. pwnarena (Posts: 1122; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
lucky htc seems to have become the recipient of google's assistance this time. when google chose lg to do the nexus, lg's sales significantly improved. hope it does the same for htc.
12. Taters (Posts: 6320; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I normally buy most Nexus products but I think it ends here. This tablet is going to horrible and is going to have a ton of issues. If you thought Asus was bad with the Nexus 7, you haven't seen anything yet. HTC is on a whole other level.
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Thought ASUS did a great job..my nexus 7 is going strong since sept of '12
25. Taters (Posts: 6320; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I went through 3 and they all had screen lift and light bleed and a s**tty Tegra3. The Nexus 7 2013,I got a good unit on my second unit but that is more because of Google than Asus and the specs and price were too good to pass up.
This is going to be a joke. HTC corner cutting on quality control + Nexus corner cutting for a lower price will spell an absolute disaster. I know the article says they won't be cutting corners for price but it sounds bs. The Nexus line is about price and performance now.
26. sprockkets (Posts: 1608; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I'd say moto is the best. A nexus htc device might be good seeing how they were in the old days of the first android phones.
Problem is, HTC can be hit or miss with quality. Though asus hasn't really been any better either.
15. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 232; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Assuming 16:9, 3200x1800 is above 2560x1600, and on a 8.9 inch screen that's 412 PPI!!!!!!!! That screen would be so incredible, and BoomSound!! I cannot wait for something like this!!!!
32. jove39 (Posts: 1582; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
ANd to pump that many pixels...gpu will be always sweating!
37. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 232; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Not with the new 64-bit Nvidia Tegra K1 working its 192 core GPU
17. oldblue910 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Mar 2014)
This article could have had credibility if DigiTimes hadn't been quoted has a source. All this article does is confirm speculation and has absolutely no tangible proof of anything. Nothing to see here, folks. Carry on. Nothing but click bait.
18. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Nice but I'll never see it here in Brazil.
22. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
good news now htc make a tablet i can buy
30. fsahin (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I don't believe it, 8.9screen has no sense.You can't hold it on one hand.
33. Totse2k15 (Posts: 387; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Thank god it's not made by Asus. I like HTC design, and BoomSound front speakers would be epic awesome! 8.9" is a little big, imo. 8.3/8.4 is the sweet spot.
Please don't priced it over $350/$399, lol.
35. docj8404 (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I would love an 8 - 9 Iinches Samsung Nexus tablet with a QHD AMOLED display, 3GB of RAM & a SD805 - I would happily pay $350 - $450 for something of the like.
39. morijoon (Posts: 25; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
and finally i can buy a tablet now
i wait for htc tablet to buy a tablet
40. crestfallen (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
I was hoping for the tried and tested ASUS to be the OEM for the next tablet. If it's going to be HTC then we may expect the Nexus 8(.9) having an aluminum body to match Apple's iPad Mini 2 and also to complement the "premium" price tag.