- Enhance Firefox experience on large screen tablets
- Improveme the form helper on Android
- Fresh visual style on Gingerbread OS
- Optimize pages that use right to left layout rendering, e.g. in Hebrew and Arabic
- Touch Events for better interaction with Web pages
- IndexedDB allows Web pages to store data offline for faster access
- Automatic text hyphenation
Firefox 6 Beta lands in the Android Market
Firefox for Android has been a fairly slow roll. The app first launched in pre-Alpha form back in May of 2010, and at the time it was enormous, bloated, slow and buggy, as one might expect from something pre-Alpha. Today, Firefox 6 Beta landed in the Android Market, and it feels impressive.
Firefox 6 Beta also includes improvements to:
It's a nice improvement all around, but if you like image intensive sites, this update is a must have. It's free in the Android Market.
source: Android Police