Downloads vs installs: how Apple and Google count app numbers
1. papss (unregistered)
Another area that play blows is in its tablet apps.. They really need to work on that
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10431; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Apps on my Nexus 7 don't look that bad, but some really need to be re-designed for tablets.
5. papss (unregistered)
No I agree that most aren't bad but they need to cater to the tablet crowd more than they do now. I'd imagine it will continue to grow though
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10431; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol I was confused. Glad to see you're back to normal haha.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 19699; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes he got banned and who ever created that wifeofdarkkjedii got banned too. I can't believe funny guy used the "P" word so blatantly. Not a good idea
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I wont have any problem with my future Galaxy Note 3..700 000 tablet optimized apps, haha
16. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Good luck using some of those apps in landscape. I have a Transformer with a keyboard dock. It's always in landscape when docked. Some apps have no landscape mode which make them pretty much useless. I complaned about my banking app and the developer responded by telling me I should use the mobile web site instead.
12. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
With the rise of "phablets" I wonder if that's a problem that will solve itself or not (i.e., has phones get bigger apps will design themselves around the bigger phones and, via an unintended effect, those apps will run good on smaller tablets.).
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10431; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I personally like the apps on the App Store a tad bit more than on Android BUT some of the same apps offered on both OS are free on GPS and Apple charges $0.99 or more, which makes no sense.
11. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
haven't you heard!? according to tons of research, apple users spend more money then android users! :P why wouldn't devs asks apple users to pick up the slack that android creates... o_0
7. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Apple is jealous for not getting the attention they think they deserve. And they rolling all over GOOGLE I\O
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 19699; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And who told you this Tim Cook, or Larry Paige? Oh and before you say it...I know I know, I hate google glass.