Chinese made Apple iPhone 5 cases multiply like rabbits
While M.I.C. Gadgets reports that cases for the iPhone 5 are everywhere in China, web site Alibaba.com is offering them for 31 U.S. cents per unit with a minimum order of 500 units. The cases being offered on the site are similar to the ones being produced from the leaked schematic design. One possible contradiction is that the cases show the camera on the back in the same location as the flash. Back in May, we told you that camera and flash parts allegedly from the Apple iPhone 5 revealed that both the lens and the flash would be apart from each other.
Over the last year, we have found leaked images of cases helpful in breaking stories on the launch of the Verizon variant of the Apple iPhone 4 and the Apple iPad 2. Some of the information might have come from Foxconn employees, 3 of whom were arrested for allegedly passing on info on the iPad 2. A Chinese court sentenced two employees and one manager from the plant to prison. Each were paid more than $3000 USD to pass along digital images of the Apple iPad 2 in advance of an official announcement.
source: M.I.C.Gadget via AppleInsider
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
This just says one thing. The launch is imminent and really close
11. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 266; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
lol @ the people who downrated your comment, buncha losers
2. gregoryyy3 (Posts: 154; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
im going to laugh when apple stopped at the iphone 4..
6. baldilocks (Posts: 541; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
They are a lot larger than the iPod touch. Everyone who keeps calling them iPod touch case obviously hasn't read past the title of the article.
18. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Did it not occur to you that while making the iPhone screen bigger that they would also make the iPod Touch screen bigger as well?
7. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 410; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
if the iphone5 is launched without LTE or dual core. then their will be absolutely no reason for a iphone 5 one button wonder phone release...unless they add features that android had since day one......
8. E.N. (Posts: 2357; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
It will be launched with dual core almost certainly. LTE is a toss up though. Why don't you just wait for the announcement before you start criticizing? Let's try to keep Android to a minimum here. We've had enough fanboy wars
20. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
hm has android had dual core and lte since day one? might wanna think that over...
9. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
If the new Iphpne has at least a 4" screen im gonna have a hard time between this and the sgs2
10. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 266; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
its good that they're going to a curved design, i hate the feeling of holding the ip4, it almost hurts my hands!! my ipod touch has a nice feeling cuz of the curved design
12. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 410; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
why would u have a touch and a iphone...your iphone can do everything your touch does. this is why apple more money on hand than fed. gov.
14. kcombs (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
hmm interesting the silent switch has moved..
15. Owlet (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
And that's gonna be the biggest improvement over the last year's model. :)))
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Other than the record setting sales numbers. I know it sucks to have the 2nd best OS.
19. Owlet (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I'm sure you do! I think it's obvious to everybody here. ROFL......