Broken iPhones turned into useful artwork
The iPhone parts Mr. Kroener and his team use come from all over the world, so there is a slight chance that your broken phone might become someone else's wall decoration. The Twice Used team currently have around 20,000 broken iPhone screens, but they will need a lot more, because just the coffee table requires about 100 screens. You can contribute to the project either by buying one of the handmade iPhone-themed items, or simply back Twice Used by donating money at their Kickstarter page. So far, they've accumulated $2,367 and they will need at least $10,000 by December 18 in order to get their project funded.
If you are interested in obtaining an iPhone coffee table or simply want to help Chris and his peeps, visit the source link at the bottom of the article.
Twice Used artworks
7. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I think it all looks stupid except the Clock. The clock looks pretty nice IMO
14. apple4never (Posts: 974; Member since: 08 May 2013)
that clock looks so cool, better than when its parts
worked the way they were intended to
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
"i" disagree with you, it's not stupid. It is, however, like most Modern Art, tacky and déclassé!
Notwithstanding, what was utterly stupid was the time wasted putting that monstrous piece together; and, YES, "i" mean the news article (if you can call it that).
11. Kal-el (Posts: 91; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
bETTER PRAY that apple doesn't patent recycling
3. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
10 grand? Even a gradeschooler could do that.
4. Finalflash (Posts: 1896; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Other than the button bracelet and the clock, they look pretty stupid.
10. androiphone20 (Posts: 1517; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
By December 18 they'd have met their target, this is actually a good way to recycle broken glass
12. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
the clock is the only thing that looks great. they should make one out of a Samsung Galaxy device... oh wait that would be like using trash.
13. ZeroCide (Posts: 700; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
New or broken this is a better use for them.
15. GeekMovement (Posts: 1519; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
That's a lot of broken iPhones.. and I have to honestly admit all of them were ugly imo.
16. skyline88 (Posts: 347; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
Available at stores near you.