Apple to expand store-within-a-store at Walmart, Target
1. Roomaku posted on 03 May 2012, 08:45 1 0
This is going to be ridiculous where I live. There is a Mall with an full Apple store, then if this happens a target down the street and a Walmart in the same shopping center. Then Apple = New Starbucks in a manner of peaking
26. andyboi_ph posted on 03 May 2012, 21:18 0 0
lol they have one in every street corner just like SB
2. xWiLxDAxBeasTx posted on 03 May 2012, 08:46 1 0
any body notice that the picture to this article is actually a best buy?
7. LostInTheRed posted on 03 May 2012, 09:51 1 0
That's definitely a WalMart. Only WalMart uses those out-of-date family picture things.
3. theruleslawyer posted on 03 May 2012, 08:48 2 0
You wouldn't think Walmart customers would be in apple's core demographic.
4. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 09:11 5 3
the dirty secret that the local iNuts dont want you to know, is that a very large portion of Apple's sales come from the free on contract 3GS and the super cheap i4. iNuts scream "premium" and "exclusive" while the sales chart say "value oriented".
5. good2great posted on 03 May 2012, 09:23 1 0
but remixfa isnt you comment the same reason android has the global mobile market share on lock right?
6. TrainFromUkraine posted on 03 May 2012, 09:49 6 1
It is, but (for the most part) Android crowd doesn't pretend to be a member of an elite club, unlike most iFans
8. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 10:03 2 2
10. good2great posted on 03 May 2012, 10:39 2 1
ah!!! great point!! haha
i'm starting to learn the method to the madness now...
16. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 11:50 1 1
Care to share the number of sales of the 3GS and 4 compared to the 4S? Last quarter had 35 million total. Go ahead and give us the breakdown.
19. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 12:16 1 1
ticles/12/01/26/_iphone_4s_acc ounts_for_9_out_of_10_us_iphon e_sales_42_of_customers_break_ contract_to_buy_one.html
Wow is it possible for you to be anymore wrong?
27. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 21:31 1 1
i dont even have to read the article.. its in the link
"accounts for 9 of 10 US IPHONE sales"
I didnt know the US was world wide. When did that happen taco?
The last one that had it broken down, had the i4s at just under 50% of total worldwide sales and the rest split between the super cheap i4 and the free 3gs.
And when it was the i4 and 3gs only, they were split 50/50 in sales as well.
So the truth is, half of apple's customers go for older and slower. And if you dont think that will have an effect on long term app evolution, think again. If the platform doesnt move forward, neither can the apps.
Yes, a lot of android's growth is on the mid/low end, but the top 10 android sales chart is a super majority of High end smartphones... which negates that whole "its only popular because they are cheap" theory.
20. smallcolabear posted on 03 May 2012, 12:18 0 0
however alot of people who shop at walmart dont go there because they dont have the money to go to more expensive stores its that they are frugal and find better deals here so really Apple already sells products in walmart so why not put a small store inside one to make more money.
9. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 10:03 2 0
Well, this may work to enhance Walmart trashy image.
11. MorePhonesThanNeeded posted on 03 May 2012, 10:44 2 0
Now we see why Target is giving the Kindle the boot, "...Apple could easily expand its retail presence by partnering with these two retail giants...". Talk about chasing the money, Target is basically tossing the second best selling tablet on the market just to have a partnership with Apple. These guy really know how to muscle out the competition, lets make contracts to prevent the competition from being sold under the same roof as us. Some day this will backfire on them hard.
13. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 11:07 2 0
Yep, it drums up even more anti-apple sentiment.
17. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 11:52 1 5
Actually no one cares except android nuts. People in the real world love Apple products.
28. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 21:32 1 1
is that why apple loses market share left and right in both phones and tablets?
29. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 21:41 1 1
Might want to read PA's newest post.
12. Fallout09 posted on 03 May 2012, 11:03 0 0
Looks like a lot more Apple products are about magicly fall off a truck somewhere.... I know so many Walmart employees selling stolen items its not even funny.
14. networkdood posted on 03 May 2012, 11:08 0 0
They price you pay for doing business with Walmart.
15. doubler86 posted on 03 May 2012, 11:39 0 0
These are in a lot more than two Targets. there in 4 Targets just in Southern California. They just built them during these past few weeks.
18. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 May 2012, 11:53 1 0
This is good business for Apple. They expand their retail presence at a fraction of the cost.
21. josswest27 posted on 03 May 2012, 12:29 3 0
Apple is like the Borg, setting up small alcoves inside larger stores while slowly assimilating everything around it.
22. Jeradiah3 posted on 03 May 2012, 12:30 0 0
Is it just me..........or is Wal-Mart trying to bring every business within their doors? Apple makes enough money selling phones thru their own stores and they are doing what any other capitalistic company is doing: thinking outside the box to make more money
most of us know that Apple would touch those who shop at Wal-Mart and Target on a regular basis because the socioecomonic status that comes with Apple. My only guess is that Apple wants to reach out to everyone that is able to purchase a cellphone.....BUT there have been rumors of Apple creating their own wireless service and if that happens, Wal-Mart and Target would make a ton of money because theyd be exclusive vendors to sell their service
24. lauremar posted on 03 May 2012, 12:58 1 0
Great! Now I can't wait to see some pictures of what people of Apple at Walmart stores wear. Pretty soon we'll see pictures of people wearing horendous clothes at http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
/standing in front of those Apple kiosks....LOL I love it!
25. ilikefastcars65 posted on 03 May 2012, 18:23 0 0
I wonder if Walmart will change all the prices to end with 97, for example $199.97 for an iPhone?