Apple iPhone 6s leaked doc reveals 12MP camera that can record 4K video
1. shady_maniac (Posts: 29; Member since: 02 Jul 2015)
Finally Apple is getting into the right track - apart from the design
9. nuldolor5x.com (unregistered)
In the Android world, it will still be midrange.
14. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Too bad for you the 90% of the planet doesn't care about octa core and 55gb of ram. As long as the camera is great, screen looks great and is super fast its gonna sell like hot cakes. Cause none of the androids world specs matter to iOS. The cpu cores, the gigabytes of ram, the mega pixels, they don't matter much. An 8mp iphone 6 beat the shit out of any phone when it came in 2014 even then 20mp beasts and what so ever.
17. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
8mp iPhone 6 camera with is the one on iPhone 5 too can't even beat the phones camera of 2012.
30. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
No offence but this is one of the dumbest things I heard for a long time...
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
no that's not it. too bad for you that the world does care and your favorite fruity-pebble company can't deliver on the standards set by today's industry.
Also needless to point out that Apple cutting corners once again with just a 12mp camera but hey they are still gonna charge that premium price and rip off thier customers even more. where the Apple is Red the sheep will flock :)
As i said too bad for you
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 19471; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why not just enjoy what you have, and let others enjoy theirs. That rant won't change anything.
32. xondk (Posts: 1140; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
sorry to break this to you, but apple is nothing in terms of numbers of devices sold, absolutely, nothing.
Worldwide, IOS has dropped from 23% of the market in Q3 2012 to 18% in Q1 2015, with android going from 59% to 78% in the same time period.
Android offers a much much bigger variety, and smart devices are more then just one kind of model, not everyone needs or wants a high end phone, they do not see it justifying the price, and apple has crippled itself in that department, if someone doesn't feel an iphone justifies its price, they will get something else, most likely an android phone.
Apple offers no low/mid end devices, it had the color but it was hilariously weak.
So when you say not everything is 'specs' you are correct, but doesn't aid ios actually works against ios, I know a lot of people who don't need a high end phone, because they do not need it play games or such, it just needs to be able to handle some things and stream music maybe snap a few fair pictures, and many many quite reasonably priced android devices can do this easily.
35. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7919; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Well 55% of them in the US do because Samsung sold mostly flagships here and has a lead.
They dont care what is under the hood, they care what they can see above.
Those Android do far more for the buck and sales show that too.
31. waddup121 (unregistered)
Apple finally upgraded camera in 5 friggin years!
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 19471; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lets geterrrr done. I'm liking this, cause these rumors usually pan out. Bring on fall 2015.
3. Android_Lollipop (Posts: 139; Member since: 05 May 2015)
Lets see what it brings this time !!!!
5. Diezparda (Posts: 824; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Surprising if they won't offer many specs bump over the 6 & 6 plus, they should add 2 gig of ram on 6 (why only available on iPad air 2?). Higher megapixels camera would be good, i wanna know how fans will react since i believe they said it's not necessary.
10. Ahovking (Posts: 628; Member since: 03 Feb 2015)
Higher megapixels camera isnt necessary.. IPhone camera is still called one of the best Smart phone camera you can get by both Android and IOS commentators, The IPhone camera might not be as sharp as other camera's but it can still easily compete against any phone on the most beautiful photo taken.
As i said last year, it would be nice if the megapixels was bumped but all you will see is an increase in sharpness when cropping.. its nice, not necessary.
16. Diezparda (Posts: 824; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
I wouldn't call iPhone camera and overall performance mediocre, it's good - it can compete with most of Android flagship but i think fans would appreciate higher specs in this case higher megapixels camera. The reason why i made this comment cause some fans still deny what others manufacturer offers as a gimmick, at least you admited it was nice...
15. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Have you or any other iphone user EVER had issue with 1gb of ram? I dont think so. You can multi task with 20apps and games without a single issue. RAM isn't an issue on iphone especially with the resolution it has. Also the 12mp is a bump only to add 4K video recording as if I remember well you need at least 8.7mp? to add 4K. And I dont think they want to add 10mp as it might seem like a small upgrade. So 12 should be great. I don't care even if it had 8mp as long as they could improve the already amazing iphone 6 camera.
19. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
Well actually megapixels have really less effect on the pictures that phones like S6 and G4 take it offers no actual quality improvement in pics only more zooming, although lumia pureview phones are an exception.
24. wildfiregt (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I opened 4 phonearena tabs in safari and then the ram went full so it had to reload them everytime. Thank you for trying
27. Ruturaj (Posts: 1172; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
try ipad air and air 2 both at same time. I know what difference it makes, as I tried my friends ipad air and my ipad air 2.
6. drunkenjay (Posts: 856; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
waiting on the iphone 7 instead, i hate the iphone "s" models.
25. Ruturaj (Posts: 1172; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Iphone "S" models are always better than non "S".
11. Ahovking (Posts: 628; Member since: 03 Feb 2015)
Useless.. Few computers, TVs etc support 4k.. 4K videos take up way too much space to make the use of them practical, and 4K tvs and computers are out of the prince range of most costumers.
Its a gimmick and its sad to see Apple adopting it so early.
20. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
I think quite the opposite the price of phone would be the same more specs the better product for consumer you really saying that you don't want 3gigs of ram on your phone it's not really necessary but it's not a can like Qhd with effect the battery and the performance.
If it's an overall advantage it's welcome.
21. snowcatSVK (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Jan 2015)
few TVs? you can easily buy 4k TV for under 500€
23. mixedfish (Posts: 1144; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
4K is a gimmick only to uninformed consumers like you. 4K = high bit rate recording, downscale to 1080p and you have yourself a much more useful video to play around with.
Also resolution has almost nothing to do with file sizes, 4K recordings on mobile phones are so low bitrate compared to real cameras that 15 minutes is only about 1gb in size, hardly "way too much space" as you put it.
8. SIGPRO (Posts: 1309; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
OMG 4K that is innovation..........apple just die!
13. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
BUTTHURT alert! BUTTHURT alert! BUTTHURT alert!
26. Ruturaj (Posts: 1172; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
BUTTHURT alert! BUTTHURT alert! BUTTHURT alert!
12. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
If they manage to do 120fps 4K video, and over 240fps for 1080p that would be amazing
28. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Even 60fps 4k video would already be beyond anything android offers right now. To my knowledge, Android devices are limited to 4k at 30fps right now.
36. pmsap (Posts: 78; Member since: 26 May 2015)
240fps FHD would be very nice.
After that they would add a dual-camera system and record 480fps FHD. Now that would be awesome!
18. Valoni (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
This doesn't matter on 16gb storage, apple must release 32gb - 64gb - 128gb. Today 16gb is useless.
33. kryme (Posts: 326; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
U don't think apple kno that... That's how they get u to spend more... Why would change that so u can spend less...??
37. ericsorensen (Posts: 53; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Apple finally getting the Samsumg Note 3 specs...
38. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2237; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Finally 4k recording .. Let's see if apple,can do it correctly