Apple changes Lightning connector policy, no word on the fate of the POP charger though
1. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
The people behind POP should keep at it. I'd heard though (not reliable, so not cited) that they'd already begun the refunding process and were at a few thousand dollars or so. While investment is at its roots a gamble, uncertainty is a big detractor in continued investment. Hopefully they'll make back any lost prospects.
3. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
apple is incredibly annoying. maybe they should get into politics. i feel like i am listening to obama and romney again
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Don't be surprised to find out that it is blindly backed by few politicians. Remember G D Searle? The company (IIRC) that still makes Aspartame crap? And remeber Donald Rumsfeld who is said to have pushed this crap through FDA using his clout?
4. MIKE SAECHAO (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
Why can't they come out with something like the iPad 3 USB adapter for the iPhone 5?
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Because that would not earn money for them, now Apple has patent for Lightning connector and can milk manufacturers of accessories.
7. stealthd (Posts: 1017; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
There is a lightning to USB adapter, but they only support it on the iPad because it makes sense to want to get pictures onto the iPad for iPhoto or Photoshop, it doesn't make as much sense to do the same thing with an iPhone.
13. iDroidWin (Posts: 117; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
stealthd, you are one funny guy. You should use a standard phone with USB, you will realise how easy your life can be.
8. GodKnowsAll (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Every One Has to Agree That Samsung Changes It's Products For The Coustomers.Apple Forces Its Coustomers To Change.
9. stealthd (Posts: 1017; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Maybe this was just a publicity stunt by POP. I mean, what a coincidence that the guy behind POP is also a founder for a Kickstarter competitor that just so happens to support refunds directly. I'm just speculating here (or conspiracy theroizing), but maybe he started this whole project knowing or hoping Apple wouldn't authorize it, so then his Kickstarter competitor saves the day when he uses it to get his Kickstarter investors refunds.
14. cripton805 (Posts: 1127; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
What would be crazy, if Apple just bought POP off of the guy after not allowing them to manufacture due to their policy, then they turn around and change their policy after they own it.
It was a stupid policy anyway. You cant make a cord that supports their older devices and their new one. Its probably because they make more money if you have to buy two seperate cords off of them.
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6954; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yep cause Apples WANTS MORE MONEY so people can only buy their expensive accessories charging cable