Alleged premium Samsung Galaxy F handset leaks out, enclosed in a test mule chassis
1. jeeta444 (Posts: 133; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
galaxy S5 with cheap plastic having very high price tag.....imagine !! How much this premium device cost ????
9. CorruptedFiles (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Apr 2014)
it will cost moneys, so you can call other human beings with, said phone
17. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
It is a galaxy s5 prototype. Judging from the date on the document in the first pic.
21. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
hurr durr cheap plastic! muh soda can aluminum!
31. CorruptedFiles (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Apr 2014)
Look at me, i pay $500+ for something, to call other humans with and now i feel, like i belong to a certain group of people, who also call, with a device, to contact, other, humans
35. Ashoaib (Posts: 2264; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Not necessarily! Premium aluminum is cheaper then plastic in some cases
40. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 977; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
The whole point of those "articles" is, the apple's propaganda TO REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN that the great S5 IS NOT PREMIUM(lol). To brainwash you. Few days before S5 to come on the market.
The cheap aluminum is not more expensive than the special plastic and fiber glass that Samsung use for S5. Besides the production price(BOM) of the high end samsung devices is always higher than the "premum" tin can phones.
So I don't see your point. How the aluminum could make the imaginary "premium S5" more expensive????
42. Ashoaib (Posts: 2264; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
In my business, we use aluminium profiles. Same premimium finish as of iphone and htc one. One piece of profile we sell at AED. 65/- which is equivalent to USD. 17.66/- and the size of each piece is 3cm x 270cm. Our purchasing price is 3 times lesser than selling price, so you can imagine how cheap premimium aluminum can be. Where as we also sell high grade polycarbonate profile which is AED. 50/- per piece and each piece is 2cm x 90cm(not even half size of aluminum profile, 3 times smaller) and our purchase is slightly lesser than half of selling price. I can easily imagine that how cheap aluminum can be and how expensive plastic substrates can be
43. ecmedic4 (Posts: 202; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Special plastic? Its polycarbonate that is injection molded I'm sure, so they are able to churn out thousands of them quickly. Ive heard nothing about it having fiber glass in the construction, so not sure what your talking about there. But considering your past comments of trolling and Apple hating, I will take your latest comment as such.
45. Ashoaib (Posts: 2264; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Do you mean to say, "Grapes are sour"?
No problem, its ok
44. Ashoaib (Posts: 2264; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Galaxy F is looking like a box of something... too much square design
46. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1041; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
so this is the Galaxy Note full most likely if this is what they call premium looking at sadly mistaken it is horrible
2. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 822; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Definitely a Note 4, it looks very large, yes I know part of that is due to the casing, but it looks substantially larger than a GS5, especially in the 2nd pic.
3. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
for the premium galaxy or whatever it will be, we have to wait for a year
4. UglyFrank (Posts: 430; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
If this is real, I'm so glad I decided to skip the s5 and wait for this
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
looks good, but im finding it odd how some people go crazy about a good premium design, but end up putting a plastic case on it.
16. davenycept (Posts: 174; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Exactly!!! That's why is but a huge issue if it's plastic... when I first buy a phone I always get a case and screen protector day 1
6. shuaibhere (Posts: 1518; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Speaker grill at bottom means note huh???
That's stupidity at it's best....
btw I do think this is note....because it looks too large...
26. mickeygosselin (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
How is that stupidity? It is just deductive reasoning, right now it's just ideas, they obviously don't have the real answers
7. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
looks like they tried to copy the Sony design, but they completely failed!!
what a ugly brick, bezels everywhere..
maybe 2050 they will succeeds to issue a premium phone .
10. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
yeah because sony phones dont look like bricks, and have small bezels? lol
13. shuaibhere (Posts: 1518; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Do you even care to read the article???
Samsung always encloses the prototype devices to safeguard the design....
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4065; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You didn't even try to read the article, and you barely read the title. Good job.
19. rangaha (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
you could not be anymore retarded.
8. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 493; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Good looking phone, but still can't match the trio Wave build quality and design(in the back side).
15. Zomer (Posts: 60; Member since: 31 May 2013)
This is bulls**t, it's a standard dummy case that is being used for a wide range of devices. This probably is just the Galaxy S5.
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8574; Member since: 14 May 2012)
There's no point if the device was announced three weeks prior to the date on the paper...
18. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
ow... I forgot who were saying that sony Xperias are bricks??
20. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Premium galaxy series? ROTFL!! Good joke
24. wando77 (Posts: 298; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
How can it be a note 4 with a 5.2" screen???
48. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Read closer. The article sites dimensions (presumably) based on another leak that came a few days ago from a benchmark test that said there was a new higher resolution display with a 5.2".
"which is CLAIMED to be with QHD (1440x2560 pixels) of resolution, and a 5.2" size."
We don't know the actual resolution of the device in the photos as the benchmarking was one leak and this is another. There is nothing in the photos to gauge the dimensions of this device.
Personally, I don't see how this could not be a test unit for a Note device. It [the display] appears a lot wider than the S5. At least to me.
49. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Unless it's just a funky angle that the photo is taken at.
28. nitefire (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
In picture #3 it looks like an S-pen next to the speaker grill. For a prototype Samsung sure made it ugly. I don't care that phones are made of plastic, why do we need metal or a "high end feel" when its the specs that matter, and most of us at phone arena I'm sure upgrade our phones several times a year so there is really no need to spend money on casing that doesn't matter
32. superguy (Posts: 271; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I ended up skipping the GS5 (for me, anyway) thanks to Knox and Samsung pulling an old school Moto with locking the boot loaders tight. Samsung's really starting to get a bit stale in its devices. I have a GS3, Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, and now a GS5 on order for my wife and they all look very similar. The only distinguishing feature is the size and texture.
I hope Sammy doesn't start becoming an Apple and getting stagnant.
33. doubler86 (Posts: 318; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
FAKE! it's a Note 3 in an inclosure end of story.
34. Domokun (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
i think that is note 3 in an electronic case
36. true1984 (Posts: 592; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i have a feeling that there are going to be more than 2 versions of the gs5 this year, just like last year with the gs4
38. mmmanuuu (Posts: 215; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
There is an S Pen in the third picture. Must be an old picture of note 3 before the launch. Otherwise evleaks would have seen something like this before anyone else.
41. willard12 (Posts: 815; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I predict it's the next Samsung Armani phone.
50. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I'm not interested in another Galaxy device until they deliver on this>