AT&T again ranks worst in user satisfaction
1. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
oooh Tmo dropped to #3? woops.
I still dont understand why ANYONE is on ATT if they have a choice of carriers... especially now that the jesus phone is on 3 other carriers.
22. bigdawg23 (Posts: 353; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Well it depends on the person. I have far superior service on AT&T then VZW and T-Mo in Minnesota. Additional I have unlimited data and the 3G far exceeds Sprint and VZW. Since I have the Skyrocket LTE will work when it goes live. My SR gets speeds on the DN near many of my friends LTE VZW.
Everyone needs to remember some carriers despite general response may work for others. I had a lot dropped calls with VZW and T-Mo.
29. DF334 (Posts: 36; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
You stated that you got the Skyrocket and gets speeds near the VZW LTE speeds? Your using HSPA+ right now because you cannot get AT&T's LTE service, right. If that is the case I doubt that your getting anything near VZW's LTE speeds.
31. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Friend here gets 15Mbps downlink on HSPA+ with the VIVID.
35. snowgator (Posts: 3197; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
No, Big Dawg said his 3G far exceeds them. I do think he was referring to AT&T 3G VS. Verizon 3G. A lot of Minnesota is not LTE for Big Red.
30. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I had no probs with AT&T, but the wife wanted to leave - as long as I get the phone that suits my needs, I could care less where I go, as long as the service works.
39. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it always depends on where you live, as no carrier is perfect. Im sorry, i should have disclaimered "if all coverages in your area were equal, i dont know why....".
27. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
PA should have posted who was first over all...U.S. Cellular come first over all :)
Att being last is to be expected.
32. Orbitman (Posts: 110; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
haha! "jesus phone"!!! i legit just lol-ed
37. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Att has the s**tish service ... yet I've been with them over 3yrs... lol
2. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
If this is the case, why do people continue to subscribe to them? Why won't they go to tmo who has better price and greater satisfaction?
11. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Att cust have been with them for ever and they decide not to move because they think all carriers are the same, since they have been treated like dirt for ever they just get used to it
19. hepresearch (unregistered)
my reasons for staying on AT&T...
1) I have no money, and my parents pay for my phone line... they are on AT&T, have been for years, and my brother and his wife just got finished switching over to AT&T from T-Mobile. We are all one big (happy?) mobile family for once, according to my parents...
2) T-Mobile has very little coverage here, and I do not feel like calling everyone only when in WiFi hotspots. If the AT&T-Mobile merger goes through, then being on T-Mobile also becomes pointless... for my GSM phone, it all becomes AT&T anyway.
3) I never call AT&T customer care for anything, anyway. I do not need their help, and I do not want their help either. I have never needed customer care on ANY network before (except for T-Mobile back in the day). Thus, I do not suffer from customer non-service, as I do not ever ask for customer service.
4) AT&T is a GSM carrier, and I like getting unlocked phones that I can just throw a SIM card into anywhere in the world without worrying about contracts, incompatibility, and other garbage. T-Mobile just does not get coverage here, so if its gonna be GSM here, it has to be AT&T.
If the GSM thing did not matter to me, I would be on Verizon or Sprint in a heartbeat, or at the very moment I could afford my own plan.
23. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
So basically your only reason for keeping AT&T is because of the coverage and its gsm right? oh and you dont have a choice anyways you dont pay for it... see i bet alot of other people are in the same position as you, but if they had another gsm choice they would be out in a heart beat, thats why the merger will not take place, then we would all be forced to crappy customer service and ridiculous pricess
well lets hope you never have to call customer care becuase you wiil be dissapointed like thousands of others,
here in my area im glad to say we have very good tmobile coverage and will never switch to AT&T, and if that merger took place and had to migrate to an att plan i would cancel in a heart beat & just go to Cricket using a rooted Verizon or sprint phone..
3. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
im pretty happy with tmo so far no issues with billing or tech support .. when i request an unlock code they are very prompt on getting it out every time. ( knock on wood)
4. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
well we have to admit AT&T has more than 90 million subs.. and yeah, not all of them are having troubles..
5. ph00ny (Posts: 590; Member since: 26 May 2011)
At&t is supposedly dropping the data connection with those with Note. They're identifying it as a tablet device and informing the users as such
7. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
i love att for the last 10 proud years. i briefly left for verizon and they already wanted to dig in my wallet when i wasn't looking, so i went back to att. also did the same with tmo, they were great but poor phone selection at that time. and also tried sprint, also good service but poor phones, but in charlotte, thier signal sucks it hard..so basically could not rely on them. so back to att. and after all that switching, they graciously took me back each time. i have never looked back since. there is no greener grass for me, and now att has THE BEST PHONES BAR NONE!!! LTE IS HERE NOW ALSO! SO glad i stayed!
26. Fallout09 (Posts: 413; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
What are you talking about? I live in Charlotte and have great Sprint coverage.
28. DF334 (Posts: 36; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
IDK about the Best Phones Bar none. I think they have gotten better but right now that belongs to T-Mobile and Verizon Bar none. The only thing that they have better than anyone else to me is Windows phones. I can't really say that they have the best Android Phone selection. The Skyrocket is there, but on about 100 people can use that phone and get LTE and of course they will graciously take you back like any other carrier would regardless of how many times youve ported out.
8. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I have AT&T. I agree with the survey results because they absolutely suck with customer support, pricing, and technical knowledge.
12. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Taco , man someone needs to jump off a cliff
13. Rio1983 (Posts: 25; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Sprint All Day.. I love my network as well as my bill every month and lastly the BEST PHONES HANDS DOWN. MY ROOTED EVO 3D WILL KILL ANY PHONE ON THE MARKET RIGHT NOW. PERIOD.
20. IEatApples (Posts: 66; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
Evo 3d is s**tty, it has an s3 crapdragon man.
14. Android32 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
I know 2--21/2 yrs ago when I had them, they were horrible! Being that they offer the only high speed for all those iphone users out there, that sux!I figured that they would have improved their network with all the talk of them expanding....
15. snowgator (Posts: 3197; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
We stayed at AT&T simply because we wanted our Windows Phones. Price is also a little better than on Verizon, which was my only other choice in my area. But any time I have need of customer service, I just set aside a three hour block of my day. Anything less seems like a pure victory.
40. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lololol 2 1/4th hrs!! victory!! woo hoo!! lets order a pizza! :)
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5601; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Customer support costs $. When you are building up a pile of $ to buy one of your competitors, you don't put anymore than the minimum amount of $ into customer support.
Imagine what life at AT&T-Mobile would have been like....
17. IEatApples (Posts: 66; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
I have had AT&T for the last 9 years straight. From my experience their customer service is hit or miss. Most of the time you call you get someone with an attitude from the start of the conversation. Most of the time they will actually argue with you if they dont want to do what you have called for. On the other hand, sometimes you will call and get a really cool rep that will go as far as letting you upgrade after only 7 months in on a contract. It really does vary, and depending on what you need its sometimes better to just keep calling back until you get a rep that seems interested in making you happy. To me this seems to be how most business's operate. my cable company is the same way.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6230; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I too like AT&T even though I dislike their lack of 4G LTE network. But still I have good service with them my PHONE never have a drops call.I can use my phone world wide. I don't know why you people on AT&T hates them so much
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5601; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Try using your AT&T phone on the S.F. peninsula. Then you will get to experience the joy of dropped calls and no coverage.
36. snowgator (Posts: 3197; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
"hate" is a strong word. If I hated AT&T, I wouldn't have stayed no matter what phones they had. Their coverage is great nationwide (second only to Verizon), their prices are reasonable (don't jump on me- I know T-Mo and Sprint is better. But they are not break the bank expensive), their phone selection is fantastic (decent Androids, good Blackberries, the 3GS, 4, and 4S iPhones, and the best Windows Phones options bar none), and they have a good selection of plans. But about 50% of the time, dealing with a problem is a chore. A headache. A very painful experience. THAT is something to hold against them. They need to improve.
33. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
If they sucks that much why people haven't left in mass like many predicted after iphone exclusivity lossed and why keep adding more subs every quarter.....fanboys pls aswer that......forget unltd data, 100 million subs don't have it all....!!!!
38. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So, 5k subs were asked about AT&T service? Out of 90million+...very low percentage to base a survey on. Some people will complain because they could not get an early upgrade to get an iphone. You signed a 2 yr contract so wait your turn.
Funny how JD POWERS ranked UVERSE #1. How can the wireless be as bad as the UVERSE is as good? Something does not seem right. As long as the carrier you are with works for you, that is all that matters.
41. DonMateo28 (Posts: 14; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
People are more willing to complain and paper or an online surveys, then to give a great satisfaction review anyways
42. Jyakotu (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
When I had AT&T, I had ZERO problems with them. The customer service was excellent.! Also, I believe that out of all the carriers, AT&T has the BEST, if not one of the best, selection of phones. I miss GSM and having a SIM card, but I'll return to AT&T soon.
43. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6230; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I don't know what you guys are complaining bout. I never have any problems with AT&T. I've been with them for 7yrs now. My only problem back then was a choice of phones
47. renegade626 (Posts: 54; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
thats funny now ATT has almost too many phones. They come out with the a big time device with the Galaxy S II, and then 1-up themselves like a month later with the skyrocket. and now the LG nitro. Maybe its just the holiday season but it seems like theres a new high-end device coming out every week or two lately
44. SweetLou (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I have had att since before they became cingular, while cingular, and up to now. Never had a problem with their customer service. I just renewed my contract, and looked at verizon, but decided to keep unlimited data and current plan. Verizon has had better coverage in some areas but not in any I frequent. I however, have much faster 3g hspa+ than verizon evdo, and sprints 3g is pathetic. I looked at tmobile and sprint, but it would be $10 a month cheaper a month for much less coverage, and being throttled (by tmobile), not to mention paying a 4g premium for sprint, even if I wasn't in a 4g area.
I don't know why everyone acts like these other companies are amazing, I had nothing but TERRIBLE customer service from every Verizon product I ever owed, from dsl, phone etc to fios. Just my experience.
46. renegade626 (Posts: 54; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I have a feeling ATT Satisfaction is slightly skewed because of the Alltel merger. They converted a good half a million or more, (mostly) rural customers that loved their mom and pop carrier for more than a decade. They were forced to switch and suffer a big change in service because of the CDMA to GSM switch. I wouldnt be surprised if ATT moves up in great leaps over the next couple years because of their new customer service orientation like sprint started a couple years ago. Plus if they can bring the thousands of CS jobs back to the US like they wanted to, that would also help a ton.
48. JGuinan007 (Posts: 627; Member since: 19 May 2011)
All will be forgiven when they release the updated Samsung Galaxy Note or what ever the AT&T code name is.