AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update now on Samsung's Kies
the latest version or else the update will not appear. Follow the directions and whammo! You will have left Verizon customers as the Ice Cream Sandwich orphans of the Samsung Galaxy S III.
If you decide to go ahead and manually update your AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1, let us know how it turns out by posting a comment in the box below.
6. Nadr1212 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 22:50 0 1
OMG!!! 4 my reading class, I had to draw a drawing 4 the character PA mentioned, which was Scrooge!!!!!!!
36. CellularNinja posted on 04 Dec 2012, 05:42 0 0
I'm kinda new to the modding thing.. I have cyanogenmod 10.0. Which is jellybean. But can I still download this update even though I'm not in stock... How? Help would be greatly appreciated
47. PhoneAddiction posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:37 0 0
You can,you just have to download the stock image and flash it through Odin.
52. CellularNinja posted on 04 Dec 2012, 17:23 0 0
Okay, I don't exactly know what that means but I appreciate the help. I remember using Odin to get CM10 but I sorta forget.
53. CellularNinja posted on 04 Dec 2012, 18:24 0 0
Actually nevermind I got it. Thanks
2. mas11 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 22:30 0 0
I doubt Samsung really cares about whether or not you root your phone, it's the carriers that get upset. Imho
14. networkdood posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:43 0 0
I am trying to remember of that was true for the captivate - I know on the DROID RAZR that updates do not go through if system apps were deleted or frozen.
3. Cha7520 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 22:32 0 0
wow....so I guess that leaves me and my GS3 on Verizon, still waiting...lol.
4. mas11 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 22:34 0 0
Yeah my gf has that same issue. I'm seriously starting to wonder if my og RAZR MAXX will get JB before her.
5. Cha7520 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 22:49 0 0
The RAZR MAXX should be getting it this week I believe. I just can't believe that every other carrier has 4.1 Jelly Bean for the GS3, except Verizon. I had the Galaxy Nexus with Verizon last year and it never got an update. Oh well, its still an awesome phone!
9. mas11 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:08 0 0
Not the original RAZR MAXX the HD is but I suspect we'll see the update sometime in Q1 of 2013
27. Mxyzptlk posted on 04 Dec 2012, 00:55 1 3
Knowing Motorola you may not ever see the update if it's anything like they did with their 2011 phones.
30. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Dec 2012, 01:22 2 2
i can explain to you just how you're wrong about that but you wouldn't listen so i won't waste the time and just say "go away troll" instead sooo...go away troll.
i will start reporting you in the future if i see you trolling anymore.
32. Droid_X_Doug posted on 04 Dec 2012, 02:38 1 0
JB for Sammy on VZW is available if you are interested in the Note II (Angel).
7. Sniggly posted on 03 Dec 2012, 22:53 5 0
Why the f**k can't AT&T push Jelly Bean out OTA like every other f**king carrier?
15. networkdood posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:43 0 0
Blame Samsung - just go to XDA for the update
17. Mxyzptlk posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:53 1 9
Why can't you just stop being a baby and just download it yourself?
25. Mxyzptlk posted on 04 Dec 2012, 00:52 0 0
28. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Dec 2012, 01:15 1 2
not really, KIES is a real pain in the ass, you'd know that if you used it.
60. JDBaughman posted on 05 Dec 2012, 14:54 0 0
Dude, YOU have clearly NEVER used Kies...?!? All you do is plug your phone in and click update?!? How hard is that?!
literally, that is ALL you do...
22. Sniggly posted on 04 Dec 2012, 00:32 3 0
What, I'm critical of something regarding Android and you disagree with me?
It's an unnecessary complication with no justifiable reason to make customers go and download Kies just to get the update.
26. Mxyzptlk posted on 04 Dec 2012, 00:53 0 1
More than what Motorola has done. At least there is an update available.
You're not being critical of Android, you're being critical of AT&T.
29. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Dec 2012, 01:18 0 1
what is your deal? this is the SIII we're talking about here, Motorola's Razr HD equivalent is getting JB OTA right now and even if you want to do it manually it's as easy as slapping the update.zip onto the Internal Storage or the SD Card and then just prompting the update from recovery. you just go completely out of your way to troll on Motorola don't you? you're not even good at it. you should just quit.
57. Mxyzptlk posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:27 0 0
My deal is that I wasn't talking to you.
66. KingKurogiii posted on 08 Dec 2012, 15:19 0 0
it's a public forum Mxy. i've been reporting you. either stop trolling or stay off of the public forum.
62. JDBaughman posted on 05 Dec 2012, 14:59 0 0
it's easier and faster from your computer... I downloaded the update, installed the new update, and rebooted my phone in about 12 minutes... that is WAY faster than OTA... now I understand that OTA is more convenient, but quit bitching. first everyone was bitching about NOT having it, and now that you do have it, your bitching about how you have to put it on your phone... just go stand in the corner. powdy pants dont get to be big boys.
34. Non_Sequitur posted on 04 Dec 2012, 05:25 1 0
Kies is such a pain. I'm so glad that Sprint decided to do OTA updates for my Galaxy S2. I've tried to use Kies before, installing had issues, drivers had issues, and operation in general just isn't worth the hassle.
43. lzsbleach posted on 04 Dec 2012, 08:32 1 0
I never had any problems with Kies but Samsung do need to work on it
38. networkdood posted on 04 Dec 2012, 07:54 1 0
I like how Mxy comments as though he or she or it knows what he or she or it is talking about....
56. Mxyzptlk posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:27 0 1
I always know what I am talking about.
58. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:03 0 1
lol, funny joke. xD
20. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Dec 2012, 00:25 0 1
AT&T is wayyy too okay with Samsung pushing updates through their trashy KIES software. i had a friend brick a Captivate Glide because of KIES. >>
61. JDBaughman posted on 05 Dec 2012, 14:55 0 0
your friend probably had a rooted phone too. just saying. I like how you called out someone like they were trolling but all I have read from you is a bunch of bs
12. samsungapple posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:12 0 0
wth?? my kies would just force close after it says download completed
11. DechyX posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:08 0 0
dammit PhoneAreana... I was hoping to go to bed early tonight... now I have to do this ;-)
13. husser94 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:12 0 0
WONDER IF AT&T WILL EVENTUALLY DO AN OTA UPDATE....KIES IS LIKE PUTTING LIPSTICK ON A PIG...
16. christianqwerty posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:50 0 0
I just updated Kies and i have it connected to my computer, but i dont see anything about an update .. Anyone help?
18. Mxyzptlk posted on 03 Dec 2012, 23:54 1 6
About time. Jellybean has been out for nearly half a year now.
39. networkdood posted on 04 Dec 2012, 07:56 1 0
Hey troll -http://faqoid.com/advisor/andr
Jellybean has been out for a short time - since July.
Please speak about facts when commenting.
63. JDBaughman posted on 05 Dec 2012, 15:10 0 0
well, it is december and yea, he said "for almost half a year now"... by due process of elimination... and simple mathematics I have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot... 5 months is almost half a year... just saying...
24. Omarc07 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 00:51 0 0
ugh kies bricked my captivate glide too like the person above tht it had to go in the trashh cuz it was not fixable i have an s3 on att rite now and i dnt kno if i shud do this update :s i dnt want my s3 to end up in the trash like my captivate glyde -_-"""
35. Non_Sequitur posted on 04 Dec 2012, 05:27 0 0
That's probably just an issue with the Captivate Glide, seeing as you both had the same issue.
Maybe you should try it, I don't know...
64. JDBaughman posted on 05 Dec 2012, 15:12 1 0
i updated using kies last night... just plug your s3 in and WAIT for it to pop up a software confirmation then hit continue. simple.
31. Charley1G posted on 04 Dec 2012, 01:23 2 0
Thanks for the Tip. Mine is up& running 4.1. Working great!
33. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 Dec 2012, 04:47 0 0
Gotta have my SGS3 replaced as the loud speaker on it died. I can use headphones to music to music or watch a video and hear it but the loud speaker is gone. Oh well its covered on my warranty anyway and I have been loving my Note 2 very much. I did do the update to JB on my SGS3 and it is already much smoother and battery life also seems to have improved. Tho I still hate Kies but thats a given.
37. deesonw posted on 04 Dec 2012, 07:11 0 1
Would you all quit crying about Kies it is so easy to do if you just follow directions..you gripe about when are we getting the update,and then when you do get the update you cry about how they offer it to be installed.what to you want them to baby sit you and install it for you? Come on grow up a little......
40. networkdood posted on 04 Dec 2012, 07:57 0 0
It can be a pain - but there are workarounds....ODIN is a great program for Samsung updates....
41. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 Dec 2012, 08:24 1 0
The problem with Kies is half the time it wont even recognize your samsung device when you hook it up to your pc, your pc has no problems but Kies will just keep spinning waiting for you to connect. It has caused a lot of hours of headaches. I got lucky this time woth my SGS3 and Note 2 and didnt have those problems but my god my SGS2 was a nightmare.
46. KingKurogiii posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:35 0 0
yeah, it seems like it works better with phones of this generation but if you have anything older than the SIII at all you're probably going to run into trouble at some point.
65. elorahd posted on 08 Dec 2012, 15:04 0 0
Deesonw, would you then please come to my house and update my firmware, if you think Kies is so great?? I'm having the same problem that tons of other people are having. Kies downloads the firmware......then closes!! Time and again. This is all it does.
I moved to Android because I wanted a bigger screen......and then I learned about the upgrade process. What a joke! iOS has it all over Android in this department. And many other departments. This phone has been a nightmare. Battery sucks. Signal sucks. 4g doesn't work most of the time. I'm praying iPhone gets a bigger screen soon as I will be going back as quickly as possible.
44. lzsbleach posted on 04 Dec 2012, 08:46 1 0
Now I have to wait for my phone to be fully charged; I dont mind it comming out on kies because when it comes out OTA it takes forever to hit your phone but they should do both. First kies then OTA
45. LaserTed posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:00 0 0
Even after charging my phone to 100% it just tells me my battery is low and needs to be charged, then when I acknowledge it everything closes. Any suggestions?
48. f4jock posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:38 0 0
I have "Kies Air" on my S3 and I updated from Google Play. Is this the app I should use to do this? If so, what exactly do I do? Thanks.