6.1 inch Huawei Ascend Mate can now be pre-ordered for $575 USD
You might remember that Huawei CEO Richard Yu displayed the Huawei Ascend Mate at a Huawei store back in December, an act similar to the recent public display of the HTC M7 made by HTC CEO Peter Chou. What is it about CEO's and their flagship phones? Anyway, with the Samsung GALAXY Note III rumored to weigh in at 6.3 inches, and the recently leaked Sony branded 6.44 inch panel that was pictured, the Huawei Ascend Mate might seem puny before the lights close on this month's MWC at Barcelona.
source: LiaowMeizuShop via UnwiredView
Huawei Ascend Mate
1. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Sweet phone, but I need to see it in the wild before plunking down that kinda cash. BBZ10 going for upward of $1300 is just plain nuts.
2. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
this would be cool to see, would not buy it though.
i wonder if they implemented any gestures
3. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Huawei is going tryhard mode with these screen sizes. Do not want.
5. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I can't buy a product from a company whose name I cant pronounce.
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2938; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
If this had stock jelly bean, hell yes. But I don't trust their UI, it looks like it holds the device back.
7. IU_Lover (Posts: 35; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
the phone that has the highest screen to body ratio is the xperia ZL, 75%
8. imkyle (Posts: 979; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Horrible resolution for the screen size, most likely no US release, and I am not paying $550+ for a device with these specs. The Note II is 100% better.
11. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Barf on Hauwei. Nice try thou...I enjoy my Galaxy Note 2 too much to be worrying about this device. I want a tried and true device similar to my Galaxy Note 2 and will only go up in screen size. Looks like the Galaxy Note 3 in October 2013 for me.
12. kevjohn (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
One huge thing this phone had going for it in my book was the projected price, roughly half that of an unlocked Note 2. Now it turns out there will be less than a $100 price difference between this and the Sammy, when you factor in shipping and that website's 3.9% "Paypal Fee". Consider me fully back on board the Note 2 train.