Wednesday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- Best Buy Canada releases the RIM BlackBerry Odin and Onyx in January 2010 or at least, that´s what a tipster of BerryAddicted reports. If true, this is bad news for all BlackBerry fans across Canada indeed, unless a carrier decides to roll out the devices before Best Buy. (source: BerryAddicted)
- AT&T advertises job vacancies via an iPhone app called AT&T Jobs. It is free and will keep you posted on the current job openings with the carrier. The program also allows job searches based on your preferred criteria. (source: AT&T)
- Version 1.5 of the Internet browser called BOLT is now available for download. It supports different platforms, including Windows Mobile and BlackBerry. The official version is said to be 15% faster than the latest beta, feature a dedicated search pane and deliver better video playback capabilities. (source: BOLT Browser)
- Widget by WeatherBug to come pre-installed on select Samsung handsets. The manufacturer has picked WeatherBug as a provider of local weather information that will be available to consumers through a dedicated widget on select devices. WeatherBug´s website currently provides local forecast for 45,000 different locations. (source: BusinessWire)
- Trapster is an application that sets up a social network against police speeding guns. The list of supported platforms includes the iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian and is registering about 50,000 unique downloads per day. Actually what the app does is allow customers to enter information about the location of police radars, enabling people to help one another. (source: TechCrunch)