OnePlus 5 receives OxygenOS 4.5.8 after last update got pulled, stuttering and battery drain issues fixed
OnePlus has released a new update for the OnePlus 5, following the recent withdrawal of OxygenOS 4.5.7 due to issues with stuttering while gaming and battery drain.
Unsurprisingly, the new version of Oxygen OS is 4.5.8 and the patch weighs in at the same 310MB if you're switching from 4.5.6 (49MB if you managed to download 4.5.7).
The change log itself is pretty similar to the last software upgrade. The most notable additions include Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) for 4K video recording and a new font + font switching tool. Here's the complete list of changes coming with the new update:
1. New additions:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4k video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Fixed occasional stutters when playing games
- Fixed battery drain for Jio users
The OTA rollout of the update is going to happen gradually, so it might need some time to reach all compatible devices. As always, make sure that your phone is sufficiently charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network before proceeding with the patch.