Galaxy S7 and S7 edge prices, payment plans and gifts on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint
Samsung had only a few days gap between the unveiling of the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge on February 21st, and its appearance in the carrier stores of AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and U.S. Cellular on February 26th for a preview, which is a pretty commendable achievement. Despite the official launch date being March 11th, the first units were shipped out shortly after preorders started, and the phones were in the hands of some users by the end of February - strike two for logistics.
phone, at least through the official channels, this much is certain. If you are curious about the colors, you can have the Galaxy S7 versions in Black Onyx or Gold Platinum, while the Galaxy S7 edge will color your day with three hues - the same Black Onyx and Gold Platinum, but also a Silver Titanium version added for a good measure. Check out the rest of the pricing details by carrier below.That's all fine and dandy, but how much will these two puppies net you, what colors, promos and memory versions your carrier will offer? Well, the US would only get the 32 GB version of the
Prices: ~$672 (Galaxy S7), ~$792 (Galaxy S7 edge)
Payments: $28/month (S7), or $33/month (S7 edge) for 24 months
- free Gear S2 or Gear VR and 6 games gratis for those who order by March 18
- 2GB extra mobile data per month on XL or bigger plans with each new Galaxy
Prices: ~$699 (Galaxy S7), ~$799 (Galaxy S7 edge)
Payments: On AT&T Next 24, the carrier's 30-month installment plan, the monthly payment for the 32 GB version of Galaxy S7 starts at $23.17, while the 32 GB Galaxy S7 edge will net you $26.50 a month. Both phones will be available in Black Onyx and Gold Platinum colors, while Galaxy S7 edge could also be bought in Silver Titanium. That's roughly $695 and $795, respectively. While AT&T doesn't yet list the price to purchase the handsets outright, though we'd wager to guess it will be rounded to $699 and $799, or thereabouts.
- Free Gear VR and 6 games gratis ($150 value) for those who preorder by March 18th,
- There will be a DIRECTV collaboration on the S7 and S7 edge. If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, you can now watch live TV and movies on your smartphone. The handsets' Quick Remote function will allow your phone to serve as a remote control pause, rewind, and fast forward on your TV at home, or control the DIRECTV app with Samsung’s S-Voice virtual assistant.
- BOGO offer! Get a second Galaxy S7 for free - must be using a new line with AT&T Next 24, which is AT&T's 30-month installment plan. Both phones must be added to a qualified data plan like Mobile Share Value. The latter will cost you as low as $70 a month for two phones. After three bill cycles or less, you will receive as much as a $695 credit spread out over the 30 months of the Next 24 Plan. Those funds are used to reimburse you for laying out the cost of the second Galaxy S7. If you decide to go with the Galaxy S7 edge instead, you will be responsible for the difference between the cost of that model and the $695 reimbursement from AT&T.
Prices: $669.99 (Galaxy S7), $779.99 (Galaxy S7 edge)
Payments: A 32GB Galaxy S7 in Black Onyx or Gold Platinum will set you back $0 upfront if you want to pay on 24 installments, instead of getting the phone outright. That will be 23 installments of $27.92, and a 24th one that's $27.83. The S7 edge can be yours for 23 x $32.50, and a 24th installment of $32.49. Team Magenta has S7 edge units in Black Onyx, Silver Titanium, and Gold Platinum.
- Free Gear VR and 6 games gratis for those who order by March 18
- one year of free Netflix subscription (that's $250 value in total bonuses!)
- BOGO offer! Pick one Samsung Galaxy S7 for $0 down or one Galaxy S7 edge for $59.99 down, then get a second one for free after rebate. Anyone who has purchased during pre-order will also be able to get the BOGO offer. Unlike AT&T, T-Mobile will reimburse you for the full amount of the S7 edge if you choose to buy two of them, and give you a prepaid debit card instead of monthly bill credits over 30 months. Allow up to 8 weeks for the debit card rebate to be processed, though.
Prices: ~$649 (Galaxy S7), ~$749 (Galaxy S7 edge)
Payments: Sprint is starting a special upgrade program for the S7 and S7 edge, called Galaxy Forever, in analogy with its iPhone Forever kit. Those who subscribe to the program, will be able to grab a Galaxy S7 beginning March 11th, pay 12 installments on the new Galaxy Forever Sprint Lease, return the phone at the end of the period, and grab the Galaxy S8, or whatever new Samsung releases next year at that time. Here's the pricing scoop:
Galaxy Forever: upgrade to the latest Galaxy smartphone after 12 monthly lease payments
Samsung Galaxy S7 - $25.99 per month for 24 months with upgrade available after 12 payments, get a second one for $12.99 per month for 24 months after a $13.00 service credit and with upgrade available after 12 payments;
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge – $30.50 per month for 24 months with upgrade available after 12 payments, get a second one for just $15.25 per month for 24 months after $15.25 service credit and with upgrade available after 12 payments.
Installment Billing: own the phone after 24 monthly payments
Samsung Galaxy S7 - $27.09 per month for 24 months, get a second one for just $13.54 per month for 24 months after a $13.55 service credit;
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge – $31.25 per month for 24 months, get a second one for just $15.62 per month for 24 months after a $15.63 service credit.
Bonuses: a second S7 or S7 edge at half price when you pay on installments! A free Gear VR plus 6 free games for orders by March 18
|Samsung Galaxy S7||Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge|
ca. 649 - 699 USD or EUR
AT&T Next 24 - $23.17 a month ($695), get a second S7 on a new line for free, with $695 credit spread over 30 months
T-Mobile - $27.92/month ($670) + one year of Netflix subscription gratis + second Galaxy S7 for free (full retail price of the second device reimbursed as a prepaid debit card via online rebate)
Sprint - $649, $27.09/month for 24 months, get a second one for $13.54 per month for 24 months after a $13.55 service credit
Verizon - $672, or $28/month for 24 months
ca. 749 - 799 USD or EUR
AT&T Next 24 - $26.50 a month ($795), get a second S7 edge on a new line for about $4 more a month, with $695 credit spread over 30 months
T-Mobile - $60 down, $30/month ($780) + one year of Netflix subscription gratis + second Galaxy S7 edge for free ( with full retail price of the second device reimbursed as a prepaid debit card via online rebate)
Sprint - $749, $31.25/month for 24 months, get a second one for $15.62 per month for 24 months after a $15.63 service credit
Verizon - $792, or $33/month for 24 months
|Free Gear VR + 6 games bonus promo||February 23 - March 18||February 23 - March 18|
|Availability||AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular stores, Best Buy, Car Toys, Sam’s Club, Staples, Target and Walmart||AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and U.S. Cellular stores, Best Buy, Car Toys, Sam’s Club, Staples, Target and Walmart|
|Available color options in the US||Black Onyx and Gold Platinum||Black Onyx, Gold Platinum and a Silver Titanium|