Join the discussion: What would phones be like in 10 years?

Join the discussion
• 1y ago

You would think in 10 years we have a 7g connection but no the war destroyed everything, smartphones became to smart and try to take over the world.

connection is back to 2g, phones are now also a self defense weapon. Nokia will reign supreme once again.

• 1y ago

I think in 10 years we will see more AR & VR in our lives, especially since AR glasses are becoming smaller. So if you can leave your phone, or processing device in your pocket or backpack, and do some minority report type computing using AR glasses, then AR will really start to take off.

• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I can already see some powerful lobbying against such devices, and they will most likely be illegal right where people need them the most (China, Russia).

I don't know about China, but Russia is becoming more free than the US.

I see less and less people using technology less in the future. Why? Because it will be mandatory in the future. Just look at what the WEF has in mind.

• 1y ago

Glasses plus finger controller (maybe a ring with internal gyro and/or inertial sensors).

Glasses will have 3 basic modes: transparency, full immersion, variable screen sizing and positioning on a transparent background.

• 1y ago

Iphone Same old

Android Only samsung left with a 1000Mpx camera

• 1y ago

iPhone 25 will be exactly like the iPhone 15, but with a marginally better camera.

Google will fumble the Pixel and decide phones aren't really their thing.

Microsoft will be completely out of the hardware game.

??????

• 1y ago
↵sgodsell said:

I think in 10 years we will see more AR & VR in our lives, especially since AR glasses are becoming smaller. So if you can leave your phone, or processing device in your pocket or backpack, and do some minority report type computing using AR glasses, then AR will really start to take off.

In the Android camp you will see more a lot more foldables. This is inevitable, especially since Android and the play store are setup quite well for foldables.

Iskren Gaidarov
Iskren Gaidarov
Phonearena team
• 1y ago

Rollable.

• 1y ago

Judging by the progress of the big companies Apple, Samsung, Google, which in 2 years launch two practically similar phones, I don't see too many innovations!The battery, fast charging will be improved! The optical zoom will exceed the 10x threshold, the camera sensor will be 1 inch or better;better refresh rate screen,micro LED screen technology!I hope it will be with the replacement of the battery, but that would practically be a minus for the producers, they would no longer make a profit selling new phones,people will replace the dead batteries by themselfs!Perhaps improved security,as the world preparing for Digital ID!

• 1y ago

we don't have to install apps.

all apps will be provided as a website but as capable as installed apps.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless