x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
HTC Discussions
  • Options
    Close

HTC LISTEN UP!

JohnnyBravo 04 Dec 2012, 20:04 posted on

I have tried many different phones in the last year and a half. Like many others Ive been swept up by this smartphone epidemic that has taken over the U.S. With that said, I feel that Im a very competent individual if you ask me a question or two about certain OEMs and their phones. I am not expert by any means but just well educated perhaps.

Out of all the phones Ive own, and its not a lot but feel is enough, I like HTC the best. I havent tried Sony or Nokia but Im not interested in Nokias because of their OS and Verizon doesnt have many Sony phones if any i dont think. Anyways, I shake my head when I see all the bad financial news circulating HTC. Why are they going through this? That is a loaded question I know but in my opinion HTC needs to do the following in order to get back on top.

1- Marketing: One of the main reasons the Evo brand became what it is now is because of the heavy marketing strategy between HTC and Sprint regarding the original Evo 4G. I remember seeing tons of commecials and ads. Nowadays I see maybe one or two a week and its about Beats sound etc. HTC needs to spend some money marketing their products.

2-Sense: In my opinion the best overlay until the latest version of Samsung's Touchwiz. Sense in my opinion is a great UI but very heavy and resource hungry. Over the last few months HTC has made it "lighter" but I still think they could do better.

3-Battery: OMG! Please HTC can you put decent batteries in your phones!!!! You are going to release a monter of a phone with 1080p but only put a 2020mAh battery?!?!? I believe the Droid M has a bigger battery!!! HTC phones need to come out with batteries in the 2500-3000+ range.

4-Carrier unity: Being on Verizon I was extremely jealous of the ONE X device that was released on ATT. I am not switching carriers so I missed out on this phone. One of the reasons Samsung's S3 is so successful is that it released the S3 for all major carrriers. HTC needs to follow suit no exceptions if they want to be considered a contender.

So those are my thoughts and welcome any feedback given. Anyone else feel the same way? or have other ideas on how HTC can come back?

posted on 08 Dec 2012, 02:02

1. Appleyy520 (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)

I think xiaomi m2 is the best samrtphone,xiaomi m2 is my third one, i got it from IBUYGOU yesteday. i love it.

posted on 13 Dec 2012, 03:33

2. newnewshop (banned) (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)

Samsung mobile phones are generally more beautiful appearance, the the htc phone's shape is also good, as a girl I like the shape of Samsung. But htc use them more comfortable, and more powerful, summary or htc more practical and cost-effective.

posted on 26 Dec 2012, 21:55

3. GregKincaid (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)

Batteries have to catch up with the phone capabilities. All phones, not just HTC. I just got my new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and can work a bit with my large graphic design files. And, the 4GLTE network (I’ve got on AT&T) is capable of sending them quickly. But then there’s the battery… how long will it let me view my files before dying? Not very long; about three hours.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories