iPhone 4S line outside Hong Kong Apple Store comes back strong after being broken up by police
Whenever there is a major demand for an item, there are usually scalpers trying to hoard inventory. Witness claimed that a group of professional queuers were threatening patrons and attempting to cut in line. These people are typical paid by gray market resellers to stand in line. In this case, it was reported they were earning $500 HKD or $64 to obtain the device. Because of their behavior and complaints from consumers, police arrived at the scene and blocked the footbridge where customers were waiting. Police broke up the line and encouraged everyone to return home.
Obviously with a demand this strong, the line returned. On Thursday, it looks to have been back in full force. Some videos have surfaced on YouTube that show just how crazy long it is. It also shows that now the line appears to be contained by barricades and is under careful scrutiny of police.
With the incredible sales record set in the U.S. and several other countries, coupled with the obvious demand in Hong Kong, Apple is confident it is heading towards setting an all-time sales record this quarter.
2. refrigerate_me (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
buy now get all... get all s**tty abt ur new iphone...
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Poor people, even the Chinese police don't want them to get the iPhone 4S. lol
5. iShepherd (Posts: 38; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nah the police were trying to stop the line from getting violent. The only thing more embarrassing than slipping to death on a banana peel is to have on your tombstone, "Died bravely trying to get an iPhone".
13. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I GIVE a you perfect +10 for that comment... XD
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I was trying to be funny, but you 1up\'ed me. lol
The qoute of the day:
\"Died bravely trying to get an iPhone\".
4. weirdfisher (Posts: 51; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
most of them aren't 'real' fanboys but people from the PRC and resellers
last week the reselling profit was $1500 for a new 4s
the official selling price is $5088
7. refrigerate_me (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
$5088 hk dollars ryt? how much would it be if converted to USD? heard that its release on other asian countries it ranged from $1300-1400 usd.... damn 100% mark up..
8. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
looks like YouTube has switched to real media, what do you think?
9. refrigerate_me (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
hell yeah... youtube is now the real media.. non biased and not corporate owned news stations.... videos uploded by the people and for the people to see the real unedited thing...
10. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
11. drahmad (Posts: 480; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i meant they have stopped to stream flash (flv) videos and now they are streaming "real videos" . lol i said this because when i play this video (chrome) , real player plugin runs..
12. refrigerate_me (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
sorry.. bad reply ... hehehe. but still i do have a point but not in the context of your post....
14. iwebdroidberry7 (Posts: 230; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Butt hurt Android fanboys overflowing in this article.
15. wumberpeb (Posts: 449; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
well whiny guy can find another article to read...you know how it works here, for better or for worse
21. iwebdroidberry7 (Posts: 230; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
\"Find another article to read\"
Oh, I should go to another article because you like trolling in a post that has nothing to do with you at all?
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
& miserable, bitter people have nothing better to do than say things like you just did iwebdroidberry7.
So, so sad. :-(
19. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
overflowing? comments are still on page one, noob
20. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Poor people think they are buying something that is worth buying they are just throwing money away
22. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Come buy buy is on sale the 4s it\'s now fixed ,the design we know is the same nothing change the good news is that we have signal even if It\'s that old 3g ,it also has siri when you want to know the future no longer NEED TO go with a card reader it\'s already included , it has 800 MHz power is not as fast as the android but it is something that helps us to have more battery also saves us money you will not regret it come come I guarantee it , you will repent when you get home I guarantee it ....